Sustainable living is about respecting the limits of the earth's capacity to provide.
Having lived "off the grid" for over 40 years, we have first-hand experience with energy-efficiency, organic gardening, food preservation, composting, raising poultry, water conservation and many facets of sustainable living. You can learn more about our family's unique lifestyle in the Our Story section.
As well as promoting the benefits of living lightly on the earth, we make every effort to reduce our company’s environmental impact and our carbon footprint. We offset any greenhouse gas emissions created by our office, our servers, and transportation by purchasing carbon offset credits through Terrapass.com. This offsetting strategy is part of our overall commitment, which includes the following:
- We work on energy efficient laptops and light our office with LEDs and CFLs.
- Our office is almost entirely paper-free. We don't send out mailers or catalogues.
- We compost lunch leftovers, and recycle everything we can.
- We reuse shipping boxes and packing when possible, and ask our vendors to reduce the packaging they send us.
- Most of the products we carry are chosen from manufacturers in the US or Canada. Products which are made overseas, like LED bulbs, are sourced from reliable suppliers with fair trade policies.
Revenue from purchases at Eartheasy.com supports the Guides and Blog sections of Eartheasy.com, which enables us to research, and to provide news and ideas about sustainable living for our readers worldwide.
Trees for the Future
We plant a tree for every order placed at Eartheasy.com through our partnership with the Trees for the Future Foundation. Trees for the Future has been helping communities around the world plant trees since 1989.
Eartheasy is Carbon Balanced by TerraPass. We have partnered with TerraPass to sponsor clean energy and carbon reduction projects that result in a verified, measurable reduction in carbon emissions.
Eartheasy is an EPA WaterSense Partner. We have partnered with the US Environmental Protection Agency to promote water conservation, and the value of water efficiency.