Stacking Joints come in two size options to use with either 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber.
Stacking joints allow you to build your own unique raised garden bed with our composite plastic timbers or your own lumber.
- Two stacking joints included per pack
- Stacking joints securely fasten 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber
- Stake slides into the joint below allowing you to build upward
- Hinge swivels 270° for virtually unlimited designs
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- 2 Stacking Joint Stakes
- 4 Brackets
- 2 Caps
- 8 Screws
How To Use:
Stacking joints can be used without anchor joints for raised beds up to 12 inches tall. For all taller raised beds, anchor joints should be used on the first level, and stacking joints slide into the anchor joints to build each additional level. Stacking joints rotate 270° and firmly hold the boards in place. The ‘slot’ that the 2 inch timber fits into also accepts standard 2 x 6 sawn lumber. The slot that the 1 inch timber fits into also accepts standard 1 x 6 sawn lumber.
If you plan on using your own lumber with the stacking joints, it is important to note that the actual inside width of the flanges is 1.5 inches for the 2-inch joints, which corresponds with the actual thickness of standard lumber. In lumber yards and home improvement centers, a standard 2 x 6 board is actually 1.5 x 5.5 inches thick. For the 1 inch joints, the actual inside measurement is a full inch, which is thicker than standard "1x" lumber. If you want to use your own lumber with the 1-inch stacking joints, you will need rough lumber that is 1-inch thick.
Each stacking joint comes with 4 black zinc-plated steel screws to hold the timbers in place. A power drill is the easiest way to install screws. However, some customers find the joints hold the timbers sufficiently and say the screws are unnecessary.
Stacking joints come with small caps designed to cover the topmost joints, and keep dirt and other grit from getting into the joints.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||5.5” in ground depth|
|Key Feature||Two-pack Stacking Joints to build your own raised garden bed|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Raised Garden Bed Stacking Joints 2-Pack
- From Barb at 7/8/16 9:59 AM
- I have 3 raised beds, they need to be at least 20" high, so I need 12 of the stacking joints as well as 12 of the anchor joints?
- If you are using standard 2 x 6 (1.5 x 5.5 inches thick) lumber to build a rectangle garden bed, you will need (6) 2-packs of anchor joints and (18) 2-packs of stacking joints. This is a total of 12 anchor joints and 36 stacking joints. This is 4 anchor joints per bed, and 12 stacking joints per bed. This will build a bed that is 22" tall.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!