Mosquito Dunks are an effective, low impact mosquito killer. It is the only mosquito product that uses BTI, a bacteria toxic only to mosquito larvae. BTI specifically targets mosquitos and is non-toxic to other organisms in the water, killing mosquito larvae before they become biting, disease-carrying adults. They are safe for use around birds, wildlife, children, and pets. Mosquito Dunks have been registered by the EPA for use in animal watering troughs and fish habitats.
Simply add a Mosquito Dunk to any standing water, or water garden. As it slowly dissolves, it releases a bacterium toxic only to mosquito larvae. When larvae hatch in water treated with a Mosquito Dunk, they will begin to eat the BTI, which will kill the larvae before they grow up to be biting adults. It is effective against all species of mosquitos within hours, and lasts for thirty days or more. Each Mosquito Dunk treats up to 100 square feet of surface water.
Mosquito Dunks can be stored indefinitely because the dried BTI is not technically living bacteria. Field tests have shown eight-year old Mosquito Dunks to be nearly as effective at killing mosquito larvae as the new product. The best storage condition for the Dunks is a cool, well-ventilated place. Prolonged exposure of temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit may affect the efficacy of the product.
- Non-toxic to all other wildlife, pets, fish, and humans
- Kills within hours, and lasts for at least 30 days
- Labeled for Organic Gardening by the US EPA
- Effective against the larvae of all species of mosquitos
- One Mosquito Dunk effectively treats 100 square feet of surface water
SustainabilityProvides a non-toxic, safe way to control mosquitos.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Effective for||4 to 6 weeks|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
Questions about the Mosquito Dunks
- From Cathy at 5/22/13 7:10 PM
- I see where this says that they are safe to use around pets, but what about horses. We've had a lot of rain this spring, so lots of standing water in their pastures. Also their water troughs. Thanks!
- Mosquito Dunks are safe for use in pasture water. Mosquito Dunks have been registered by the EPA for use in animal watering troughs.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!