An alternative to our complete garden kits, stacking joints allow you to build your own unique garden with just the pieces you need. Use stacking joints with our composite timbers, or lumber from your local lumber yard.
Features & Benefits:
- 2 stacking joints included per pack
- Stacking joints securely fasten 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber
- Stake slides effortlessly and precisely into the joint below allowing you to build upward
- Hinge design swivels 270 degrees for virtually unlimited designs
- 5.5” in ground depth
- Includes hardware: 4 screws per joint (8 screws total)
- Made from durable ABS recycled plastic with UV stabilizers
How To Use:
Stacking joints can be used without anchor joints for raised beds up to 12 inches tall. For all taller raised beds, anchor joints are used on the first level, and stacking joints slide into anchor joints to build each additional level. Stacking joints rotate 270 degrees and firmly hold the boards in place. The ‘slot’ that the 2" timber fits into also accepts standard 2 x 6 sawn lumber. The slot that the 1" timber fits into also accepts standard 1 x 6 sawn lumber.
If you plan on using your own lumber with the stacking joints, it is important to note that the actual inside width of the flanges is 1.5" for the 2" joints, which corresponds with the actual thickness of standard lumber. In lumberyards a standard 2 x 6 board is actually 1.5" thick. For the 1" joints, the actual inside measurement is a full inch, which is thicker than standard 1x lumber. If you use your own lumber with the 1" joints, you will need rough lumber that is 1" thick.
Stacking joints come with small caps, designed to cover the topmost joints, and keep dirt and other grit from getting into the joints.
Joints comes with black zinc-plated steel screws to hold the timbers in place. A power drill is the easiest way to install screws. Some customers find the joints hold the timbers sufficiently and say the screws are unnecessary.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||Recycled ABS plastic with UV stabilizers|
|Dimensions||5.5” in ground depth|
|Key Feature||2-pack stacking joints with all necessary hardware|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Raised Garden Bed Stacking Joints 2-Pack
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!