We like this composter because it’s less expensive than the others, and yet large enough to accommodate both kitchen waste and yard trimmings. However, because this composter sits on the ground, and has no bottom, you are unable to easily turn the compost. Therefore the composting process is not as fast as with the compost tumblers.
You can keep adding to this composter from the top, and removing the finished product from the four hatch doors at the base. You can pull the compost out of the doors using a hoe or shovel, then shovel it into your bucket or wheelbarrow.
This style composter has been around for years, but the German manufacturer has greatly improved the design.
Features & Benefits
- Improved material - 100% recycled polypropylene plastic which is copolymer based – which is not supposed to break in cold weather
- All parts of the Wibo are made of this plastic, which means you won't have to worry about rusting hardware or rotting wood.
- They have added corner-clips which prevent the side panels from working apart
- The same clips used to keep the lid in place also make it possible for the lid to stand straight up (by itself) when loading the composter.
- All the side panels have the same two “lid-grabbers” (hinges) at the top which hold the lid in place and make it much less likely for the lid to open up easily – like in a wind or by an animal.
- The lids have a flat design with reinforcement ribs for added strength.
- The 4 access doors or “panels” can be hung right above the opening for easy storage while you are removing compost.
5 panel design ships flat and is easy to assemble with no tools.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||14.7 cubic feet (110 gallons)|
|Material||100% Recycled plastic|
|Dimensions||30" L x 30" W x 34" H|
|Key Feature||Sturdy recycled plastic compost bin|
|Assembly TIme||15 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in Germany|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the WIBO Compost Bin - 14.7 Cubic Foot (110 Gallon)
- From Walter at 8/3/10 6:34 PM
- Where do you recommend locating the Bin, meaning how close should the bin be located to my house?
- We have a bin similar to the Wibo and have it located 50' from the back of the house. I would suggest a distance of 25' or more from your home. You don't want to have to walk too far for the daily chore of taking out the compost.
The Wibo composter is open on the bottom, and though it may be slower to compost than fully-sealed 'compost tumblers', it has it's own advantage: the ground beneath the Wibo will be very enriched by the fresh composted nutrients working deep down into the soil. Our open-bottom composter is located near the cheryy tree right now to nourish it for a year, then we'll move it to the blueberry patch, and gradually move it around to spots we want to enrich.
I haven't used the Wibo but it looks like it has several improvements over the one we use.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Lorelei at 9/24/10 4:59 PM
- This has been a great compost bin! However, I asked my husband to move it. He did. And, he lost two of the clips for the top that help secure the corners. Now, any slight movement (earth's rotation?) causes the sides to fall apart. Where can I get replacement clips?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we will ship you replacements ASAP for free.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!