If the shoulder seasons are cold in your region, be sure you choose a greenhouse like this one, with twin-walled polycarbonate panels rather than the clear single-walled panels such as SnapGlas.
The Monticello is a sturdy and robust quick-assembly greenhouse and comes with all tools needed for assembly. It is available as an 8’ x 8’ basic model or with added 4’ extensions up to 24’. Each 8’ greenhouse house and extension comes with an automatic venting system and is 7’ 6” tall.
The Monticello 8 can be assembled in just 4 hours!
- Construction– made from extruded aluminum with 8 mm twin wall polycarbonate walls and roof and an integrated base that allows for direct anchoring to the ground or deck. The twin wall polycarbonate has superior insulating capabilities to provide ideal growing conditions in warm or cool weather. This robust design and high-quality aluminum allows the Monitcello to withstand substantial snowfalls and high winds.
- Quick Assembly – the Twist & Lock nut and bolt fastening construction combined with the ribbed design for quick interlocking results in a sturdy structure.
- Warranty – the Monticello has a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty and is made in the USA.
- Customize your greenhouse to meet your needs by adding one or more of the available accessories. Each of the accessories can be custom ordered to fit the length of greenhouse that you choose.
- Shade cloth – the Monticello shade cloth is a simple and thoughtful design to keep your greenhouse cool by reflecting heat and sunlight. It is installed on the inside of the greenhouse, is compatible with the vents and side windows, ships ready-to-use and requires no grommets for installation. Each shade cloth is made from heavy-duty, commercial-grade polyester weave that lets in 37 % light and includes bungee balls for tying.
- Work Station – the work station is a high-impact PVC vented platform with heavy-duty support bars that hold up to 600 lbs. The work station is designed for either side of the greenhouse and is very easy to install. For the 8 foot unit, the work station is 8’ x 2’ x 30”. The workbench can be ordered to fit each length. There is a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty on the work station.
- Automatic Watering System – this system is designed to be hung from the ceiling of the greenhouse with 2 weighted sprinkler heads separated by 4’ spray in a circular pattern. The commercial-grade digital timer is designed to allow custom watering cycles depending on plant needs. The hose is designed specifically to prevent mold and bacterial growth and the system is compatible with the shade cloth. It can be installed in any 8’ x 8’ greenhouse. There is a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty on the watering system.
- Vents – The automatic roof vent is designed for simple and easy installation. It is made from the same high-quality aluminum and polycarbonate as the entire unit and includes the same professional-grade automatic vent opener as is included with the standard greenhouse. There is a 10 year manufacturer's warranty on the vents.
Additional length can be added to the greenhouse by adding 4’ extensions, making it possible to extend the length of your greenhouse over time by ordering extension kits. Each extension kit includes a 2’ x 2’ roof vent with automatic opener and gutters.
10 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Weight||225 lbs (8'), plus 66 lbs for each 4' extension|
|Frame Material||Extruded, corrosion resistant aluminum|
|Panels||8mm UV stabilized twin-wall polycarbonate panels|
|Dimensions||90'' H x 96'' W x 96'' D|
|Key Feature||Easy to assemble, durable greenhouse.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email email@example.com for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Ground Only (No express)
Questions about the Riverstone Monticello Quick Assembly Greenhouse
- From Cindy Phillips at 11/30/13 10:36 AM
- The door details are hard to see in the video and photos. Please tell me about the doors. I see they are double hanger, but do not see tracks where they are secured below or latches to secure them closed. What can you tell me about the door system?
- The doors for the Riverstone Monticello Quick Assembly Greenhouse are dual low profile “easy roll” sliding entry doors with locking ability. The doors are shipped preassembled.
The doors are hung from top in a slider track, they are also affixed at bottom to connector plates which slide in the base track. Each door is fitted with a knob.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
Excellent Product & Customer Service
By 6/22/12on All my reviews (1)
First of all, let us say what a great greenhouse this is. And, just as important as the quality of the Monticello Greenhouse is your exceptional customer service. We bought an 8x12 greenhouse in April 2012. When it arrived we discovered the doors had been damaged in shipping. We reported this and a few days later, we had new doors. We did experience some alignment problems during assembly. Riverstone’s engineer contacted us and through his help discovered that 3 twin-wall panels (corners slightly crushed during shipping) were the cause of this problem. Riverstone immediately sent out replacement panels and a few days later we were back in business. The greenhouse then went together smoothly. We were and are still very impressed with Customer Service.
The greenhouse is easy to assemble and instructions are some of the best we have run across. We don’t think the greenhouse can be assembled in 4-5 hrs as seen on YouTube, but with two people can easily be assembled in one day.
The completed greenhouse is rock solid – no rattling of the twin wall panels & all the metal parts are of heavy-duty construction. While the interior shade cloth is an accessory, it is well worth the money and is a great & convenient addition.
We decided to buy this greenhouse after a great deal of research & were impressed by the answers to our questions we received. We have not been disappointed.
While there are cheaper greenhouses on the market, from what we have seen, heard, and read from reviews; none of them match Riverstone’s quality and ease of assembly. As a side note we do not write reviews, but felt this product was worth our time. We are budget-minded shoppers and don’t part with our money easily. As the old saying goes, “You get what you pay for”, we felt it was worth it, and as a plus is made in the USA.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
Our First Greenhouse
Well, we just finished setting the greenhouse up. It was really simple and the few questions we had the customer service line was able to help us with no problem. We realized that we will need the work bench and plan to order this in the next week. Other then that everything was simple to set up. It makes us feel good knowing also that this was made in the USA. Need to support our fellow countrymen.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes