Made in the USA from kiln-dried cedar, a durable and naturally rot-resistant wood, these raised beds are sturdy and easy to assemble. Wooden boards are treated with a special non-toxic sealant, which extends the natural lifespan of the wood.
Raised bed corners are half-lapped, with metal rods inserted during assembly. Rust-proof aluminum rods keep the corners from working loose. It's easy to stack the boards to make raised beds in many different heights.
Features & Benefits:
- Long-lasting raised garden beds for vegetables and flowers
- Easy assembly: ready in minutes, no tools required
- Strong corner pin construction
- No screws or nails to loosen as wood ages
- Made from kiln-dried cedar protected by non-toxic waterproof sealer
4-feet wide raised garden beds available in sizes listed below.
4' x 4' Beds:
- 4’ W x 4’ L x 11” H ($175.95)
- 4’ W x 4’ L x 16.5” H ($252.95)
- 4’ W x 4’ L x 22” H ($327.95)
- 4’ W x 4’ L x 27.5” H ($407.95)
4' x 6' Beds:
- 4’ W x 6’ L x 11” H ($218.95)
- 4’ W x 6’ L x 16.5” H ($313.95)
- 4’ W x 6’ L x 22” H ($415.95)
- 4’ W x 6’ L x 27.5” H ($518.95)
4' x 8' Beds:
- 4’ W x 8’ L x 11” H ($262.95)
- 4’ W x 8’ L x 16.5” H ($383.95)
- 4’ W x 8’ L x 22” H ($504.95)
- 4’ W x 8’ L x 27.5” H ($625.95)
8' lengths come in 4' sections and include aluminum crossbars
4' x 12' Beds:
- 4’ W x 12’ L x 11” H ($351.95)
- 4’ W x 12’ L x 16.5” H ($516.95)
- 4’ W x 12’ L x 22” H ($682.95)
- 4’ W x 12’ L x 27.5” H ($847.95)
12' lengths come in 6' sections and include aluminum crossbars
All boards are standard surfaced 2x6 with actual dimensions of 1.5"x 5.5". Two boards stacked give the raised beds their base height of 11". If you order the 22" high raised bed, that's equivalent to adding another bed, except it comes with double-length pins.
The corner pins will be the same height as the bed you order, so you can put the bed on hard ground or a patio if needed, and the tops of the pins will be flush with the top of the bed.
These beds are made from kiln-dried Oregon cedar, a rot-resistant wood that can be painted or stained, or left unfinished to grey naturally. The simple design of these kits allow wood to shrink and swell, for better strength and durability in wet/dry conditions. Hardware like screws and nails eventually loosen as wood ages. Our beds assemble with rust-free metal pins set securely through the ends of each board. So after years of exposure the planter won't fall apart, and yet can be disassembled by hand if needed.
Oregon Cedar is as strong as Douglas Fir and more rot-resistant than Redwood. It's a fragrant, light-colored wood with even texture and strong natural oils to protect against moisture and microorganisms. To enhance cedar's natural rot resistance, the boards are treated with a non-toxic mineral-based wood stabilizer, which hardens the wood and further extends its lifespan. This cedar's superior strength and durability means these raised beds last many times longer than most lumber found in stores.
Watch the video on the left! Assembles in minutes, no tools required. Just level ground, stack boards and insert corner pins to create a long-lasting garden bed for your flowers and vegetables.
Easily build a cloche over these raised beds. You can leave the corner pins slightly protruding and then slide some thin pvc pipe over them, bending the pipe in a hoop to the other side of the bed. Then drape clear plastic over the pipe and affix with zip-ties. Now your garden is greenhouse ready!
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||Easy to assemble 4' wide raised garden beds with sturdy corner pin construction|
|Assembly TIme||30 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Natural Cedar Raised Garden Bed - 4' Widths
- From Christine at 8/22/13 1:58 PM
- I have aspen in my backyard with an extensive root system and suckers which come up. I am thinking I should use landscape fabric under the beds. Also I have occasionally seen the mounds of dirt and hole which are made by moles/voles. Would it be good to put down a 2" mesh wire under the beds to keep them out?
- The aspen is a problem. We have been there, and found the only solution was to dig a trench along the inner fence line separating the garden from the Aspen. The trench was 12" wide and down to hardpan, about 3' - 4'. Sheets of HDPE plastic were set in on edge so the top edges just protruded above the soil surface. We saved the rocks from the digging and threw them in first on the bottom, then put the dirt back in. The migrating Aspen roots were revealed when digging the trench, and cut. The roots on the garden side were then pulled up.
The HDPE sheets were available at no cost from a feed store where they were used on pallets of feed during shipping. There are other materials you could use of course.
If you suspect moles or voles, we recommend that you use 1/2" or even 1/4" hardware cloth (galvanized mesh) across the bottom of the beds and bent up 3" along the inside edges, where they are stapled in place. Then fill your beds. The 2" mesh you mention is not enough for long term protection from burrowing pests.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!