Choose between 5 colors.
The Peso rain barrel holds 50 gallons and has vertical parallel sides, which offer less resistance to expanding ice than constricting shapes. Plus, the cylindrical shape allows a high hoop strength for the quantity of resin used.
The Peso is guaranteed to be leak-free. Thermal welded fittings and seamless construction both serve to prevent water leakage.
The fixed lid is important to keep children or animals out. The top of the Peso rain barrel has inset screens. The straining material is common door screen, which keeps the barrel mosquito resistant, yet allows good water flow. It is held into place on the topside by a poly ring that is stapled into the main body. While this style is best with falling water, it also works very well with downspouts and rain chains. The large collection area of the top is necessary because falling water “spreads out” as it falls.
The Peso rain barrel is made from food grade plastic resin, with UV additives to protect the plastic from the sun. This does not allow for or mean you can drink the rainwater straight from the bin without filtering. However, food grade plastic resin is recommended for rain barrels, even if water is intended for irrigation purposes, as food grade plastic reduces the amount of chemicals being absorbed into the rainwater.
Like every rain barrel, it’s wise to drain the 50 gallon Peso rain barrel once temperatures dip to freezing levels to prevent potential cracking. You can leave it hooked up, just be sure to keep the bottom drain open.
Features & Benefits
- holds 50 gallons
- Guaranteed to be leak free
- Top is not removeable
- Bottom drain fitting (3/4”) is made from rust-proof bronze, and will fit garden or soaker hoses.
- 1 1/2" external overflow - dual threaded (threads on inside, and outside)
- All fittings welded to tank - no gaskets to leak
- Large top is perfect for capturing falling water
- Full UV protection
- Seamless construction
- Fixed top with easily replaceable screen
- Made from virgin FDA-rated food grade resin
- Dimensions: 20 Diameter x 37.2H inches
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty
- Weight (lbs.): 20
- Made in the USA
Choose from 5 colors, all with slight speckling so the barrel will not show dirt as easily:
- Light Adobe
- Medium Adobe
- Dark Adobe
- Sherwood Green
- Dark Grey
For BULK orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||Vertical walls and seamless conscruction|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Peso Rain Barrel - 50 Gallon
- From Mary at 8/4/10 3:12 AM
- I want to capture laundry water instead of sending into septic - is this possible?
- It is possible to redirect the washer's water discharge line for use in the yard or garden, or to a storage tank. This is not uncommon. However it is illegal in some towns/states to run gray water anywhere other than your septic system/sewer system. You should check with your local municipal officers before making this decision.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!