Mosquito Dunks are a highly effective, low impact mosquito killer. It is the only mosquito product that uses BTI, a bacteria deadly to mosquito larvae but harmless to other living things. BTI specifically targets mosquitoes, killing mosquito larvae before they become biting, disease-carrying adults. Mosquito Dunks are safe to use around people, pets, birds, wildlife and fish. Mosquito Dunks have been registered by the EPA for use in animal watering troughs and fish habitats.
Features & Benefits:
- Package includes 20 Mosquito Dunks
- One Mosquito Dunk effectively treats 100 square feet of surface water
- Effective against the larvae of all species of mosquitoes
- Kills within hours, and lasts for 30 days or more
- Non-toxic to people, pets, fish, and all other wildlife
- Labeled for Organic Gardening by the US EPA
- Meets National Organic Program standards
- Made in the USA
How To Use:
Simply add a Mosquito Dunk to any standing water, or water garden. It is non-toxic to other organisms in the water. As it slowly dissolves, it releases a bacterium toxic only to mosquito larvae. When larvae hatch in water treated with a Mosquito Dunk, they will begin to eat the BTI, which will kill the larvae before they grow up to be biting adults. It is effective against all species of mosquitoes, including yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti, and lasts for 30 days or more. Each Mosquito Dunk treats up to 100 square feet of surface water.
Place Mosquito Dunks in standing water wherever it accumulates around your home: ponds, gardens, flower pots, bird baths, rain barrels, roof gutters, unused swimming pools and more.
Mosquito Dunks can be stored indefinitely because the dried BTI is not technically living bacteria. Field tests have shown eight-year old Mosquito Dunks to be nearly as effective at killing mosquito larvae as the new product. The best storage condition for Mosquito Dunks is a cool, well-ventilated place.
Provides a non-toxic, safe way to control mosquitos.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Weight||12.8 oz. (0.80 lbs.)|
|Dimensions||13.3" x 11.5" x 0.8"|
|Key Feature||Safe, non-toxic biological mosquito control|
|Effective for||4 to 6 weeks|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Mosquito Dunks
- From Cathy at 5/22/13 7:10 PM
- I see where this says that they are safe to use around pets, but what about horses. We've had a lot of rain this spring, so lots of standing water in their pastures. Also their water troughs. Thanks!
- Mosquito Dunks are safe for use in pasture water. Mosquito Dunks have been registered by the EPA for use in animal watering troughs.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!