The Berkey PF2 Fluoride Water Filters add the ability to the Black Berkey and other Berkey Water filter systems to remove contaminants such as fluoride, arsenic, MTBE and other heavy metals. When threaded directly onto the Black Berkey purification elements the fluoride reduction element is an effective way to take control of targeted harmful contaminants in your drinking water. These fluoride water filters work as a post filter to the Black Berkey and is compatible with all Berkey water filter systems.
Features & Benefits
- Effectively reduces the following water contaminants: fluoride, pre-oxidized arsenic III and Arsenic V, MTBE, other heavy metal ions.
- Reduce the amount of fluoride in your water by 95%
- Works as a post filter to the Black Berkey
- Works with the Big Berkey, Travel Berkey, Berkey Light, Royal Berkey, Imperial Berkey, Crown Berkey
- Easy to use and install
Filtering Fluoride From Your Drinking Water Controversy
The Berkey fluoride water filter uses a time tested method that was developed to reduce fluoride in your drinking water. Berkey developed this filter to address the concerns of the many who find the practice of adding fluoride to drinking water questionable or unacceptable. Fluoride has been deliberately added to many municipal water supplies since the 1950’s. This common practice is now becoming more controversial to say the least.
New reports and studies about the harmful effects of adding fluoride to drinking water are emerging. The health and hygiene benefits of allying fluoride directly to the surface of teeth are well known and seldom disputed. The dispute begins with fluoride that has been added to drinking water only comes in contact with the teeth for a very short amount of time in diluted form. After this contact the fluoride is then swallowed and the human body is subject to ill effects of the fluoride compound for hours after ingestion. Critics claim that in this age of high fluoride toothpastes that are correctly applied directly to the surface of the tooth, including fluoride in the water supply is unnecessary and quite possibly negligible. Berkey fluoride water filters allow you to make this decision about your health for yourself by reducing the amount if fluoride in your water by up to 95%.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Items per pack||2|
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 2 inches (per filter)|
|Key Feature||Filters fluoride from your drinking water.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Berkey PF2 Fluoride Water Filter
- From Courtney at 9/23/14 10:17 AM
- How often does the PF2 have to be replaced?
- Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two Berkey PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters). The Berkey system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters) therefore the Berkey PF-2 filters should be replaced after about 307 refills. If the system is refilled once per day, the Berkey PF-2™'s should be replaced after 10 months. If you are filtering 1.5 gallons per day then the filters would last about 20 months.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!