Made in the USA, the Solavore Sport Solar Oven is the best-insulated oven on the market, performing well even in cool temperatures given adequate sunlight.
Food cooked in solar ovens will never get overcooked, and will result in a finished product similar to that of food cooked in a crock pot. The Sport Solar Oven roasts meats; bakes fish and chicken; steams vegetables; bakes breads, cakes, and cookies. It even cooks rice, beans, and pastas with only solar energy. A chicken will bake in 2-2.5 hours, and water will pasteurize in 3-4 hours, if needed for camping. Without the reflectors, oven temperatures typically range from 210°-260° F.
Probably the greatest feature of the Sport Solar Oven is its light weight. At only 9 pounds, it weighs less than half that of other leading solar ovens. Although it is light, the oven has a wide base so it won't blow over, even when the reflectors are used. The lid is made from durable crack-proof acrylic, and is held on with six clasps.
Features & Benefits:
- Casing – durable, weatherable BPA-free nylon plastic
- Insulation – one-inch closed-cell foam, does not absorb moisture
- Lid's double layer creates dead air space for enhanced insulation
- It's tough but light, weighs only 9 pounds
- Holds two 10-inch pots (3.4 quarts each)
- Oven floor measures 9 1/4 inches x 17 1/2 inches
- Reaches temperatures of 300° F in equatorial regions
- Optional detachable reflectors to extend your solar cooking range
- All oven components are made in the USA
- Solavore Sport Solar Oven
- Two 10-inch granite ware pots with lids
- Oven thermometer
- Water pasteurization indicator (WAPI)
- User manual with a collection of tasty solar cooking recipes
Add optional detachable reflectors to extend your solar cooking range. Great for boosting the temperature on cloudy days or when the sun is low in fall and winter. The reflectors come in six parts, and fold flat for storage inside the oven when not in use. The reflectors are held together with little rings on the edges. Made from polished aluminum. Price: $39.00 (Free Shipping)
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||12 1/4 inches high x 27 1/4 inches long x 17 inches wide|
|Inside Dimensions||9 1/4 inches x 17 1/2 inches|
|Key Feature||Durable, insulated solar oven|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Sport Solar Oven Kit
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!