Approved by the North American Bluebird Society, this bluebird house is designed to deter sparrows. Some studies have shown that bluebirds prefer a slot entrance to the standard circular hole entrance and sparrows prefer the opposite. Also, sparrows tend to avoid shallow homes so the Sparrow-Resistant Bluebird House was constructed to be only 5" deep and includes a wooden insert to adjust the depth to a mere 3-1/2". Sparrows will avoid this depth, but bluebirds will still occupy the house.
Features & Benefits:
- Front panel has latch opening for easy cleaning
- House is rough-sawn to give fledglings a foothold when they are ready to climb out of the nest
- Ventilation slots located at the top of the sides prevent overheating
- Slots in the bottom corners provide drainage
- Floor is also recessed to keep inside dry
- Mounting hardware not included (2/1-1/2" wood screws recommended)
- Dimensions: 10" H x 6" W x 8.5" D
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Handcrafted from 1" white pine for insulation and durability
- Made in the USA
About the Bluebird House
Our nest boxes are correct in every detail for each species and come with species specific literature and mounting instructions.
All of our nest boxes are crafted of custom milled, premium grade, sustainably grown, Eastern white pine, from Robbins Lumber mill in Maine. Robbins Lumber is a leader in responsible forestry management practices. They replant where they harvest, secure the soil from erosion, preserve wildlife habitats and ensure that a sixth generation of the Robbins family can depend on a healthy and productive forest.
- Product Quality: Customers tell us again and again that the Coveside products are “the best on the market” with the unique rougher-head finish and secure construction.
- Environmental Concern: The dimensions are correct for each species and care is given to ventilation and drainage for the well being of the inhabitants.
- Conservationists Prefer: Coveside products are manufactured from eastern white pine which is preferable because it is a second-growth tree which rejuvenates quickly.
- Educational Materials: Each product comes with a brochure and a card telling about the wildlife inhabitant that will use it, recommending ideas for location and suggestions for maintenance procedures.
- Experts Select: Coveside habitats were selected to be on permanent display in the United States Arboretums Buchheister National Bird Garden in Washington, DC and the Wildlife Garden at River Farm Gardens of the American Horticultural Society in Alexandria, VA.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||10" H x 6" W x 8.5" D|
|Key Feature||Kentucky style, slot entrance bluebird house (sparrow-resistant)|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Sparrow-resistant Bluebird House
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!