The solitary pollen bee nest has been scientifically designed to attract a variety of wild native pollen bees, including mason bees, to your garden. These non-aggressive, gentle pollinators will vastly improve pollination resulting in spectacular flowers and crops. They can pollinate fifteen times faster than honey bees and one solitary pollen bee nest can produce 100-150 bees.
Features & Benefits:
- Durable - insulated and water repellent, can be left in the garden all year
- Easy to use - comes ready to be placed in the garden
- Safe - the bees that use the nest do not sting
- Contributes toward a garden that flourishes
- Great gift for any gardener
- Approved by the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
- Made in Canada from recycled materials
- Pollen bee nest
- Full-color information booklet about pollen bees
- Installation instructions and nails
- Reporting chart for tracking nest tubes
- USDA bee-friendly plant list of flowers and shrubs to attract pollen bees
- Adhesive bee tube seals
The nest is made of recycled styrene and is 5 inches long with a pattern of broken color on the exterior which draws the bee’s attention. It has 20 nesting tubes of various sizes to accommodate different native bee species. Each nesting tube holds six to eight eggs. Porous volcanic rock between the tubes insulates from cold and heat, discourages mites and absorbs moisture to prevent fungus. A plastic shield on the front and back protects the nest from birds and rodents.
The nest is easy to install and comes completely assembled. It comes with some cleaning supplies and nails for mounting the nest in the garden. An annual cleaning of the tubes is recommended once all the bees have emerged. The nest can be left in the garden all year round.
Pollen Bee Nests make perfect gifts for gardeners, conservationists, outdoor enthusiasts and anyone concerned about supporting the natural environment.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||6" x 6" x 5"|
|Origin||Made in Canada|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Pollen Bee Nest
- From Stephanie at 12/15/16 6:21 PM
- I had an apiary in the past, and I don't understand how the bees will nest without a queen. Can you please explain how that works? Thank you.
- There are solitary bee species such as the Mason Bee, Leaf Cutter Bee, and the Wool Carder Bee. They do not produce honey or wax, and each species uses different alternate materials to build their nests. Because they do not live in colonies, they lay and care for their own eggs.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!