The ends feature aeration holes which provide much needed airflow for the compost batch with the option of drilling more for those who live in areas with low air currents. Just turn it about once a week to keep oxygen, nutrients, micro-organisms and moisture evenly distributed throughout the developing batch.
The base has four little wheels mounted on it which allows the drum to be spun easily. The drum can also be lifted off the base in case you want to roll it to a different location or to off-load compost directly to your garden bed.
The low profile ensures that it stays out of sight and won't be blown over in high winds. The polyethylene resin material used to mold the drum is 100% recycled and the rich dark color absorbs the sun's heat, keeping your compost at a nice hot temperature.
Comes fully assembled and requires little maintenance. Just turn once a week and after addition of new material, you can see compost in as little as 14 days! Help keep organic waste out of our landfills by getting a Compost Wizard today.
Features & Benefits
- Fully Assembled, low maintenance
- Holds 12 cubic feet (90 gallons) of compost
- Fully-enclosed and highly pest resistant
- Reduces or eliminates odors
- Black color for heat absorption
- Made of durable 100% recycled food grade polyethylene plastic
- 72 end air vents aerate compost
- Easy to use for all ages
- Made in the USA
These composters are made of high quality, 100% recycled food grade polyethylene plastic. Made in the USA.
- Low carbon footprint: Made in The USA
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 60 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||12 cubic feet (90 gallons)|
|Dimensions||36" L x 29" W x 29" H|
|Key Feature||Easily roll to any area for dispersion - comes fully assembled|
|Assembly TIme||5 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the EZ Compost Wizard 12 Cubic Foot Compost Tumbler
- From Patrick at 4/6/14 12:40 PM
- How hard is it to get the final compost product emptied out? I can imagine having to almost climb in to reach the bottom corners. Also, since you are continuously adding to this bin, do you give it a three week break when it's about full and then empty it and start over?
- It's easy to remove even the last scrap of compost, but it's advisable to leave some of the finished compost in the composter to activate the new materials.
To remove compost, set a small tarp on the ground. Shovel some out onto the tarp, or into a wheelbarrow, Then roll the composter over onto the tarp to empty the composter. Set the composter back in place and drag the tarp to your garden plot, or decant into your wheelbarrow.
Yes, you can give the compost a couple weeks to finish. Store daily compost materials in a lidded bucket for the meantime, then dump into the composter when it is available.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
Great Compost Tumbler!
We bought two of these and have been using them for only a short while now. After we first loaded them, they gave off a bad odor--but only when the lids were removed. When I checked them a few days later, there was no odor (other than that earthy smell from compost), and they seemed to be composting away!
We loaded them with lots of leaves, weeds, and Johnson grass, and nothing was chopped up very small, so it will take a while to get compost, I think, but it will be much faster than our large, open-air composting bin (which is 3 1/2 years old and has yet to produce any compost --due to our extremely dry weather conditions here).
These seem to be very sturdy and easy to use. Tumbling them is a breeze, although it does require a little muscle. The built in slots for hand (or foot) holds on the sides are spaced out enough so that you can push or pull the barrel over quite easily.
I like these large ones so much that I'm considering getting a smaller one just for kitchen scraps.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes