Anchor Joints come in two size options to use with either 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber.
Use anchor joints to build your own raised garden bed with our composite timbers or your own lumber. Anchor joints are used to create the foundation level of your raised bed. They connect the boards together and the serrated stakes anchor the bed securely to the ground.
- Two anchor joints included per pack
- Anchor joints fasten composite timbers or any standard 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber
- Serrated stakes prevent shifting of the bed
- Stake extends 10.25 inches into the ground
- Hinge swivels 270° for virtually unlimited designs
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- 2 Anchor Joint Stakes
- 4 Brackets
- 2 Caps
- 8 Screws
How To Use:
Raised Garden Bed anchor joints feature a 11.5 inch stake, which can be hammered into the ground to hold the bed in place. They rotate 270° and firmly hold the composite timbers. The slot that the 2 inch timber fits into will also accept standard 2 x 6 sawn lumber, and the slot that the 1 inch timber fits into will accept standard 1 x 6 sawn lumber. Stacking Joints slide into the anchor joints to provide additional height.
If you plan on using your own lumber with the anchor joints, it is important to note that the actual inside width of the flanges is 1.5 inches for the 2-inch anchor joints. This corresponds with the actual thickness of standard lumber. For example, in lumber yards and home improvement centers, a standard 2 x 6 board is actually 1.5 x 5.5 inches thick. For the 1-inch anchor joints, the actual inside measurement is a full 1-inch, which is thicker than standard "1x" lumber. If you want to use your own lumber for the 1-inch anchor joints, you will need rough lumber that is 1-inch thick.
Each anchor joint comes with 4 black zinc-plated steel screws to firmly hold the timbers in place. A power drill is the easiest way to put these screws in. However, some customers find the joints hold the timbers sufficiently and say the screws are unnecessary.
Small caps, designed to cover the tops of the topmost joints, keep dirt, sand and other grit from getting into the joints.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||10.25” in-ground depth|
|Key Feature||2-pack anchor joints to build your own raised garden bed|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Raised Garden Bed Anchor Joints 2-Pack
- From Dave at 5/20/13 6:44 PM
- From Linda S. at 5/11/14 6:43 AM
- Are the 1" size of anchor joints and stacking joints still available? I do not see them as a choice in the dropdown and that is the size I need.
- Yes, the 1" anchor and stacking joints are available. Sorry, our page wording may be confusing. The size and price refers to the 1" joints, and the option box is for choosing the wider 2" joints at additional cost.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Tom at 5/14/14 1:55 PM
- Follow up to the question from Linda S.: I have tried to purchase the 1" anchors and 1" stacking joints, but it is impossible to add them to the shopping cart. Your site replies that I have to choose the width from "Option", but only the 2" size is a choice there.
- Both the 1" anchor joints and 1" stacking joints are out of stock currently, so it's not showing as an option in the dropdown menu when you go to purchase. We have more stock on the way, it should be arriving any day now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!