Anchor Joints come in two options to use with either 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber.
Raised Garden Bed Anchor Joints feature a 11.5 inch stake, which can be hammered into the ground to hold the bed in place. They rotate 360° and firmly hold the composite timbers in place. The slot that the 2 inch timber fits into will also accept standard 2 x 6 sawn lumber, and the slot that the 1 inch timber fits into will accept standard 1 x 6 sawn lumber. Stacking joints slide into the Anchor Joints to provide additional height.
If you plan on using your own lumber with the anchor/stacking joints, it is important to note that the actual inside width of the flanges is 1.5" for the 2" anchor/stacking joints. This corresponds with the actual thickness of standard lumber. For example, in all lumberyards and home improvement centers, a "standard" 2 x 6 board is actually 1.5" thick. For the 1" anchor/stacking joints, the actual inside measurement is a full 1", which is thicker than standard "1x" lumber. If you want to use your own lumber for the 1" anchor joints, you will need rough lumber that is 1" thick.
Small caps, designed to cover the tops of the topmost joints, keep dirt, sand and other grit from getting into the joints.
Each Joint comes with 4 black zinc-plated steel screws to firmly hold the timbers in place. A power drill is the easiest way to put these screws in. However, some customers find the joints hold the timbers sufficiently and say the screws are unnecessary.
Due to this flexibility, you can easily create your own unique raised garden bed with our timbers or lumber from your local lumber yard. Choose from our complete kits, or design your own with just the pieces you need.
Features & Benefits:
- Two anchor joints included per pack
- Anchor joints fasten composite plastic timbers or any standard 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber
- Stake extends 11.5” (10.25” in-ground depth)
- Serrated stakes prevent shifting of the bed
- Hinge swivels 360° to create virtually unlimited designs
- Made from durable ABS plastic with UV stabilizers
- Includes all necessary hardware
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||Recycled ABS plastic with UV stabilizers|
|Dimensions||10.25” in ground depth|
|Key Feature||Two-pack anchor joints to build your own raised garden bed|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Raised Garden Bed Anchor Joints 2-Pack
- From Tom at 5/14/14 1:55 PM
- Follow up to the question from Linda S.: I have tried to purchase the 1" anchors and 1" stacking joints, but it is impossible to add them to the shopping cart. Your site replies that I have to choose the width from "Option", but only the 2" size is a choice there.
- Both the 1" anchor joints and 1" stacking joints are out of stock currently, so it's not showing as an option in the dropdown menu when you go to purchase. We have more stock on the way, it should be arriving any day now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Linda S. at 5/11/14 6:43 AM
- Are the 1" size of anchor joints and stacking joints still available? I do not see them as a choice in the dropdown and that is the size I need.
- Yes, the 1" anchor and stacking joints are available. Sorry, our page wording may be confusing. The size and price refers to the 1" joints, and the option box is for choosing the wider 2" joints at additional cost.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Dave at 5/20/13 6:44 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!