GrowCamp 4' x 8' is a raised garden bed and a greenhouse with pest-proof netting and waterproof plastic cover. GrowCamp allows you to grow year round in a pest-resistant, controlled environment.
Features & Benefits:
- Grow year round: durable design holds up to high winds and snow
- Better control over growing conditions (temperature, light, soil, pest control)
- Produces up to four times higher yields
- Accessible raised gardens at comfortable working level
- Install on ground or patio
- Easy, tool-free assembly in about 1-2 hours
- Dimensions: 4' W x 8' L x 5' H (Base: 16" H)
- Weight: 119 pounds
The GrowCamp is a raised garden bed / greenhouse combo. The raised garden bed produces up to four times higher yield due to their excellent conditions of soil, temperature and light. The bed has a comfortable working height so you won’t hurt your back. It is easy to assemble and can be placed almost anywhere, just be aware that if you really over-water, some dirty water might come out from the base. It can be heavy when filled with soil so only place it on surfaces that can sustain the weight. There is no bottom so the soil stays adequately drained.
- Comes with plastic for the ends, sides, and top
- With plastic sides the Grow Camp functions as a greenhouse
- Longer growing season - harvest several times
- Grow chili, tomato, cucumber and other greenhouse plants
Plastic sides can be mounted over the insect net and the bed can be used as a greenhouse. Because of the greenhouse effect, spring starts a few months earlier with GrowCamp and you can enjoy a bowl of early-season, home-grown salad. Due to the flexibility of the plastic sides, they can be rolled up when it’s hot out, or rolled down when it’s cold. Depending on your zone, you should be able to extend your growing season significantly.
- Comes with fine insect net for the top and sides.
- Keeps out slugs and snails, insects such as aphids, carrot rust fly, cabbage moth and other pests. Keeps birds from getting your strawberries!
- Protects against heavy rain and strong wind - ensuring great vegetables.
- The net provides light shading and good ventilation. About 90% of rain penetrates the netting, but hail will be blocked from harming your vegetables and flowers.
The GrowCamp is supplied with an insect net. The net is attached by velcro and rolls up easily providing free access when sowing and harvesting. The net prevents snails, insects, birds and other nuisances, such as deer and cats from getting in.
- Includes GrowTray for starter plants
- Start seedlings in safe environment while other crops grow below
- GrowTray hangs securely across GrowCamp frame (4 feet length)
- Made from rigid plastic
Weather resistant, UV-protected plastic. This greenhouse is designed for harsh outdoor conditions and can withstand strong winds. This is due to the criss-crossed steel wires which help provide stability. Engineered in Denmark, and made in China.
To download the assembly instructions, please click here (PDF file, 5.6 MB).
3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Create your very own backyard food factory in no time! Growing your own food is a great way to get in touch with nature and provide for yourself.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Weight||119 pounds shipping weight|
|Dimensions||4' x 8' x 16" base. Total height with greenhouse 5 feet.|
|Assembly TIme||60 Minutes|
|Key Feature||2 in 1 system: raised bed and greenhouse.|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit. Visit www.growcamp.ca to buy in Canada.
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the GrowCamp 4' x 8' Modular Greenhouse with GrowTray
- From Natasha at 5/2/13 8:24 PM
- From Dan at 5/28/13 3:21 AM
- Your website states that you can grow year round. Is this accurate for areas that have moderate snow?
- Yes. Cool weather crops like Brassicas (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts) and winter salad greens, pak choi, peas and broad beans, onions, carrots and radishes can be grown through the cold month using the greenhouse cover for GrowCamp. Overwinter crops like garlic, asparagus and perpetual spinach can also be grown through winter.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Roger at 11/30/13 8:21 AM
- I live in Long Island, NY. What vegetables/berries can I grow during fall and winter in my climate zone?
- It is past the ideal time for planting overwinter crops, but there are a number of crops that will survive the LI winter and produce edinle greens. Kale is probably the easiest, and will guarantee greens during winter. The other members of the Brassica family are also cold tolerant, such as Cabbage, Purple Sproting Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts and some varieties of Cauliflower, Winter Marvel Butterhead is a hardy winter lettuce. Frisee is very cold hardy. Swiss chard will give your garden some color as well as crispy leaves for the salad. Your local extension office will have more specific suggestions for you regarding the best varieties for your area.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!