Made from a plant and mineral based formula, Eco Wood Treatment works by penetrating wood fibers to create a natural buffer against sun exposure, water and fungal decay.
Use Eco Wood Treatment for home improvement projects, both indoors and outdoors, to preserve wood naturally. Apply to wood furniture, planters, raised gardens, fences, decks, docks, hardwood floors, logs, siding and signs. This non-toxic wood preservative is safe to use on wooden playgrounds, picnic tables, birdhouses, and toys.
Features & Benefits:
- Safe, non-toxic wood preservative made from plant and mineral extracts
- Easy to use, maintenance-free, no repeat applications
- Efficient & economical: a single application protects wood for a lifetime
- Wood develops a silver-grey patina after just a few hours
- Works on all types of untreated wood
- Sold in powder form, expands to 1 or 5 gallons
- 2 oz. powder makes 1 gallon - treats 150 square feet
- 10 oz. powder makes 5 gallons - treats 750 square feet
How to Use:
Eco Wood Treatment is very easy to use. Simply mix the powder with water. Apply directly to wood with a brush or roller for small projects, or a tank sprayer for larger projects. It can also be applied to wood by dipping. Be sure to drench the entire wood surface, it will show if you miss a spot. As the wood begins to dry, any brush marks, runs or fingerprints will disappear. No chemical cleaners or washes should be used to prepare bare wood prior to application. After application, occasional cleaning with soap and water will keep the wood clean.
You can store extra, unused powder in a dry location. The powder has a very long shelf life. After the product has been mixed with water, you can store the remaining liquid in a sealed container. Mix with distilled water to increase the shelf life of liquid mixture.
If you wish to add a particular color to the treatment, we recommend using any water-based tint. Simply add 5 ounces of tint to 1 gallon of Eco Wood Treatment. We do not recommend using stains or sealers.
Eco Wood Treatment is a non-toxic solution for preserving or finishing wood. It is made from plant and mineral based ingredients, which have been tested to determine there are no substances or solvents harmful to the environment - animals, plants, air, water or soil.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||2 oz. powder (1 gallon); 10 oz. powder (5 gallons)|
|Key Feature||Non-toxic wood treatment made from plant and mineral extracts preserves and enhances wood.|
|Origin||Made in Canada|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Eco Wood Treatment
- From Jill at 11/23/13 1:57 PM
- How durable is it to use on raised garden beds that will obviously have continual exposure to soil and water?
- Eco Wood Treatment is developed for applications where wood is exposed to weather. After application, the water beads up and runs off the wood. For raised beds, you can apply to all board surfaces, but it is typical that gardeners only apply the treatment to the exterior surfaces. The treatment will prevent moisture from penetrating the wood more than 1/8". This also applies to ground moisture from contact with the soil.
Eco Wood Treatment is durable enough that the manufacturer recommends only one application for the lifetime of the wood. However, we have added a second coat after about 5 years to a cedar deck and this seems to add increased protection.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!