Made in the USA with solid cedar, this deer and pest proof 8' x 12' x 20" garden kit offers 65 square feet of gardening space, and is perfect for a family of five or six.
If you are looking to jump into gardening quickly, and do not want to deal with the chore of pest proofing and the challenge of irrigating your garden beds, this kit is perfect. The included 5' 8" high fence stops deer and other pests from jumping into your garden, while doubling as a trellis for tomatoes, peas, beans and other climbing vegetables.
Features & Benefits:
- Deer proof – 5'8" high fence doubles as a trellis, while preventing deer from jumping into the garden.
- Tall beds – 20" tall beds mean you don’t have to bend down as far, and the soil will retain more moisture than shorter beds. Plus, you can grow larger plants with deeper roots. No liner needed.
- 5/4" thick Cedar – Durable 1.25" untreated cedar lumber that is naturally rot resistant and ideal for damp environments.
- High-quality Fasteners – Included are rust-proof ceramic coated screws.
- Optional Automatic Watering System – and timer waters your garden for you. Comes with soaker hose, automatic timer, and sprayer.
Optional Automatic Watering System:
Located at the back corner of the garden, this automatic soaker hose watering system takes even the simplest of duties out of your hands. We use a digital battery operated controller that is very easy to use. A garden hose can be connected to the unit, or the hose adaptor can be removed so the irrigation unit can be tied into your existing irrigation system with piping. When the controller turns on, water seeps out through the 75 ft. soaker hose. Price: $180.00. Includes:
- Digital Battery Operated Controller - automatically waters your garden.
- Soaker Hose - lay hose around your plants, cover with a layer of mulch, and water seeps out when controller turns on (hose stakes included).
- Coiled Hose - conveniently mounted in the walkway of the fenced garden.
- Sprayer - attaches to end of the coiled hose. You can manually spray your plants if you choose to, or use the hose to wash your hands.
You can assemble this garden yourself, or have a local handy person follow the instructions and set it up for you. Assembly can take up to 4 hours, and adding the soil (approx. 4.5 cubic yards) can take an additional few hours. Note that no digging is required, the entire structure sits on your lawn.
All of our fencing sections are backed with black mesh. We use an air compressor staple gun and hundreds of tiny staples to securely fasten the mesh to the lumber. When the fencing is delivered, the mesh is already affixed. So, it takes only minutes to attach the fencing sections to the garden beds. The mesh will keep out dogs, deer, and rabbits. Up close, it looks attractive, but from a distance you can't even see it.
Shipping & Delivery:
Please Note: The 8' x 12' Deer Proof Cedar Complete Raised Garden Bed Kit is made to order and can take up to 2 weeks to ship. This product ships on a pallet via standard motor freight. The freight carrier will call in advance to schedule delivery. You may need two people present to unload freight from the delivering freight carrier vehicle.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||8' x 12' x 20"|
|Planting Space||65 Square Feet|
|Key Feature||5 foot 8 inch high fence protects your vegetable garden from deer and pests|
|Assembly TIme||4-5 Hours|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Ground Only (No express)
Questions about the Deer Proof Cedar Complete Raised Garden Bed Kit - 8' x 12' x 20"
- From wally at 8/13/15 9:36 AM
- Do you coat the wood with a preservative before you ship, or is it raw wood?
- Hi Wally,
This garden bed is made of untreated cedar lumber. We recommend treating our garden beds with Eco Wood Treatment, a non-toxic wood preservative for all outdoor wood surfaces: http://eartheasy.com/eco-wood-treatment
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!