This large 12-foot long garden bed comes with two extra timbers and special joints to use as cross-bracing. You can see the timbers cross-ways on the top of the bed. These cross timbers prevent the sides from bowing out.
Raised Garden 4’ x 12’ x 12” Composite Raised Garden Kit contains:
- 18 Composite Timbers
- 14 Stacking Joints
- 2 Four-way Stacking Joints (each joint splits into two pieces)
- All necessary Screws
- Tools needed: Power Drill or Screwdriver
- Assembly Time: 2 hours
- Skill Level Needed: Minimal
Features & Benefits:
- Rot-proof, durable, maintenance-free
- Simple installation
- Easy to set up in different configurations
- Includes all joints, screws, and composite timbers
- 5-Year Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
The connecting joints are made of high impact durable ABS plastic resin (100% recycled), and the hollow timbers are made of a blend of wood fiber and UV-protected polypropylene (100% recycled).
They are attractive - with a wood-grain texture and color. Plus, unlike pressure-treated wood, there are no dangerous chemicals present in our timbers, so you can grow an organic garden.
The Raised Garden Bed Kit with Composite Timbers system lets you design and build a raised vegetable garden that is rugged, resistant to warping from winter frost, and won't rot from exposure to rain and moisture.
Each timber board is a standard 2” x 6" size (actual dimensions: 1.5" x 5.5") and 44.5" long which creates a 4 foot span from joint to joint. Color is brown. The timbers go a slightly lighter shade with age because of the wood fiber content. Because the timbers are hollow, they can crack if you hit them hard enough or lever against them too hard.
Garden assembly involves sliding the timber into the joint, and using the included zinc-plated steel screws to secure the timber in the joint. It is helpful to have a power drill to set the screws. The joint stakes are simply pressed into the ground, and the next level of joints slide into them from above.
Manufacturer warranties product will be free from manufacturing defects for 5 years from delivery date of original purchase. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by improper use, maintenance, or repair, or resulting from use or installation contrary to the assembly and installation instructions. Replacement parts if you do break something are easily available from us.
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||4' x 12' x 12"|
|Key Feature||Rot proof, non-toxic, recycled composite plastic raised garden bed|
|Assembly TIme||1 to 2 Hours|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Composite Raised Garden Bed - 4' x 12' x 12" (2" timbers)
- From Jane Neumann at 4/23/11 4:38 PM
- Are the holes for the screws pre-drilled in the boards?
- The Composite Raised Garden Bed uses the anchor and stacking joints for the corners, and the composite boards fit into the 'wings' of the anchor/stacking joints. The 'wings' are pre-drilled. The timbers are not pre-drilled becase there is no need.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!