Place it in an outdoor area a few steps from your kitchen to have easy access to flavorful, freshly-picked vegetables and herbs for your favorite recipes. Each elevated raised garden planter can easily be adapted with an optional trellis system. Our elevated raised garden is wheelchair accessible and perfect for people who have physical limitations that may make bending down to ground level a challenge.
Dimensions: 4' long, 2’6" wide and 3’4" tall (planter box is 11" deep).
The patented connection system: EZGrowIt
- Using our patented connection system, you can easily assemble your raised garden bed kit in less than 15 minutes.
- All hardware is made of stainless steel, so it will never rust.
- The smooth cedar wood is 1.5" thick
- Includes landscape cloth to place over the slatted wood bottom
- No tools are needed for assembly.
- The EZGrowIt hardware connections are already screwed to the wood. Posts have a ‘male’ fitting, and the boards have the ‘female’ fitting. Simply slide the female connection over the male to lock the board in place.
- Cedar can expand and contract, and yet maintain tight connecting joints. Even after years of exposure, the planter will not fall apart.
- We buy our Western Red Cedar from Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified partners, so it’s more ecologically friendly.
- We only use 2x6 and 4x4 western red cedar dimensional lumber. This eliminates bowing, warping and provides years of enjoyment. Actual measurements are 1.5”x5.5” and 3.5”x3.5” respectively.
- Western Red Cedar contains no chemical preservatives and will last 10 to 15 years when used as a raised garden. WRC is a wood which is very stable and dense, containing natural organic properties causing the wood to be impervious to insect attack.
- Lumber is sanded very smooth to prevent splinters.
The base of this planter - capable of holding over 350 lbs. of soil - is made of strong, 2" x 6" red cedar, spaced apart just enough to let water escape, so as to facilitate proper drainage and prevent root rot. We supply a liner with the unit, made of a semi-permeable membrane (similar to landscape cloth), which prevents the soil from leaking out when watered. When the planter is initially watered, some small specks of dirt may filter through but, after that, only H2O will seep through.
It is important that the soil in the planter has enough compost material added to allow for absorption and retention of water.
Assembles in less than 15 minutes. Can be disassembled just as quickly.
- Using the drop-down menu above, choose an optional 4' tall trellis. It easily attaches to your raised garden bed and more than doubles your growing space for vine plants such as beans, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers and grapes.
- The kit includes a white polypropylene 6" x 6" mesh trellis netting. It is lightweight, flexible, tear resistant and UV stabilized. The netting will last a minimum of 5 years.
Proudly made in the USA
The components of these kits are sourced in the USA, and built by hand in South Carolina. Each kit is carefully designed, hand crafted, and sanded to a smooth finish.
2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in the USA from Western Red Cedar from Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified partners
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||30" x 48" x 40"|
|Key Feature||Sturdy, elevated garden planter with optional trellis|
|Assembly TIme||30 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Elevated Garden Planter (Trellis Optional)
- From Patty at 3/20/14 8:51 AM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
I purchased two elevated garden planters and once the shipping boxes were opened, I was able to build each one within 15 minutes while I had steak cooking on the grill. Very simple to assemble with no directions required. I am very happy with the products including the sturdy nature once assembled. No one could call this rickety. Now that I see the product, I will be buying a trellis for one of the elevated garden planters for my cucumbers.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes