Please Note: Trap includes 1 lure. For additional lures please click here.
Mosquitoes transmit diseases such as Equine Encephalitis, West Nile Virus and other diseases. When they bite an animal or bird infected with a disease, they go to lay eggs and come back to bite again. It is this second bite that transmits diseases.
This trap uses a mosquito egg pheromone which mosquitoes use to mark special egg-laying places. When they enter the trap to lay their eggs, they can't escape and drown in the water. This prevents that second, and potentially diseased, bite. This non-toxic trap can be reused for years.
Past customers recommend these tips:
- Traps placed early in the year will produce lower summer mosquito populations
- Use at least 2 to 4 traps per average yard, and 4 to 16 traps per acre, depending on the closeness of swampy areas, mosquito intensity and temperatures
- Replace Pheromone lure every 4 to 6 weeks, and use gloves when handling it
- Rinse traps, but do not wash traps with soap as accumulated attractants will be washed away
- use old or standing water from around your yard; mosquitos don't like to lay eggs in purified tap water
- Keep some of the water each time you empty it and you won't have to replace the lure for at least a few empties
- put the trap in the shade, in an area where there's little or no breeze
- you may need to wait a few weeks before the trap starts to function if you're using purified tap water (after all, mosquitoes prefer swamp water)
Ships to Canada and the continental USA.
Made in USA. Comes with Pheromone Lure. Follow instructions carefully.
SustainabilityProvides a non-toxic, safe way to control mosquitos.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||All natural, non-toxic, pheromone mosquito trap|
|Effective for||4 to 6 weeks|
|Brand||Oak Stump Farms|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
Questions about the Non-Toxic Pheromone Mosquito Trap
- From Joe at 8/15/12 8:04 PM
- From Joseph at 10/11/10 7:48 AM
- From cheryl at 6/28/10 3:22 PM
- Do I understand correctly that the pheromone mosquito kit will fill several lures? How many will it fill? I'm ordering 8 additional lures, will it fill all of these?
- The trap uses one lure at a time. Each lure will last 4-6 weeks. At the end of this period, just add another lure.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From lisa at 6/17/10 11:03 AM
- How many square feet should each one cover? Does this decrease within the 4-6 week period? Thanks
- There is no specific square footage recommended, as mosquito density varies from area to area.
The manufacturer recommends that you use at least 2 to 4 traps per average yard, and 4 to 16 traps per acre, depending on the closeness of swampy areas, mosquito intensity and temperatures.
It actually can take a week or two before the lure really starts to pull the mosquitoes in, so I would say the effectiveness would increase and not decrease. It's also been noted by customers that using old rainwater from around your yard is better than using purified tap water if possible, and that the traps work best in areas with little to no breeze. Customers have also noted that you don't need to use the entire lure to see good results.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
Works really well!
I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it's already trapping the little buggers. Works well for me!
Worked well on the second try
The first time I used this, I used tap water, which must have not smelled nice to the moquitos. It did not catch anything.
Next time I used some still water from a nearby ditch. The mosquitos seemed to like this better with the lure, and I trapped tons!
Did not work