The Scotts push lawn mower has a very high 3 inch maximum cutting height, making it ideal for people who like to keep their lawn very tall. Most people keep their lawn between 1 and 2 inches. The Scotts Classic mower is a good choice for tall grasses, like Tall Fescue. Cutting height for the Scotts Classic reel mower can be adjusted to a minimum of 1 inch for people who want to keep their lawn at an average height. Cuts zoysia grass easily.
Features & Benefits:
- 20" cutting width for maximum reel cutting
- Cutting height range from 1" to 3"
- Quick-snap height adjusters to allow up to 9 different setting
- Dual 6" rear tracking wheels
- 10” Radial tread tires for good traction and durability
- Heat treated blades for maximum longevity
- Comfortable foam-grip handle
- 5-blade reel rotates on ball bearings, and is attached with 5 ‘spider’ mounts for rigidity.
- Welded reel hood to protect bushes and plants from the blades
- 1-2 year sharpening interval, depending on usage
- Weighs 30 lbs.
The mower body is fully assembled, and you only have to assemble and attach the handle. The handle comes in six pieces and only takes about 15 minutes to put together with an adjustable wrench.
2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Cutting Height||1" - 3"|
|Assembly TIme||15 Minutes|
|Key Feature||Light, quiet and easy to use. Self Powered.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Scott's Classic 20" Push Reel Lawn Mower
- From Dallas Greb at 1/14/12 5:00 AM
- From Kris at 10/10/10 6:12 AM
- I have a relatively large lawn and it is rather lumpy - Would a reel mower be able to adequately handle this situation? I am not looking for a picture book lawn but wev'e had so many problems with gas mowers not to mention our environmental concerns.
- Hi Kris,
I have used a reel mower for years on a lawn about 1000 square feet. The lawn is flat and easy to mow (not many curves or isolated sections). Although I was able to manage OK, any larger lawn would be a bit much for a reel mower, in my opinion. And if your lawn is lumpy, then it will be somewhat more difficult.
Have you taken a look at electric mowers? My neighbor has one and has been using it for years. It is quiet and reliable, and surprisingly tough. She lets her lawn get pretty high and has no problem cutting it with the electric mower. I also used an electric mower some years ago and found it did a good job.
Here are a couple models you can take a look at:
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!