Pumice is a soil amendment made from volcanic igneous rock. It provides excellent aeration, drainage, and nutrient control in both container gardens and flowerbeds. As a soil amendment, pumice is a good alternative to perlite.
Features & Benefits:
- Soil conditioner for better aeration and drainage
- Loosens heavy clay garden soils, letting in air and water for healthy roots
- Helps retain moisture, reducing watering by as much as 35%
- Increases bulk density of potting mixes
- Use pumice to regulate fertilizer feedings
- Will not break down, compact or rot over time
- Does not attract or host fungi, nematodes, or insects
- Pumice has a neutral pH
- Contains trace minerals: phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, copper, iron, manganese
- Size: 5 gallons (23 lbs)
Use pumice when transplanting plants or mixing potting soil for container gardens or potted plants. Use 10% pumice in soil mixture, or 1 gallon pumice per cubic foot.
For pots without drainage holes, spread a layer of pumice in bottom of container before adding soil or plants. This increases air circulation and drainage necessary for healthy roots and thriving plants.
Coarse pumice makes an excellent mulch for container gardens, potted plants, flower beds, and around shrubs. The soil beneath the mulch stays moist longer and is less likely to compact from watering. Weed problems are minimized with a couple of inches of pumice mulch. It does not break down or rot, so it does not need to be replaced.
Use when preparing seed beds in new turf areas, or as a top dressing on heavily‐trafficked lawns to restore or maintain soil structure.
Pumice is a great bedding additive to worm compost bins. It increases air circulation, prevents matting, and helps control moisture. Use 1-2 cups per tray, or as needed.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||10" x 10" x 10"|
|Key Feature||Volcanic rock based soil amendment and growing medium|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Pumice - 5 Gallons
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!