The RIGA IVs is uniquely designed with polycarbonate panels, and more windows than other units to allow for maximum light transmission. The combination of quality construction and design, along with the optional accessories to fit all of your growing needs, make this greenhouse an excellent investment for the serious gardener.
The polycarbonate cover panels of RIGA greenhouses are "semi-diffused". This permits sufficient light and warmth for propagating seeds and starter plants in early spring, while providing diffused light which is ideal for growing plants full-term inside the greenhouse. This is a combination starter/grower greenhouse, ideal for all-season use.
This 108 square-foot greenhouse is perfect for someone who likes to grow most plants and vegetables from seed, and it has sufficient space to grow plants and vegetables indoors through the winter months. It’s also great for an orchid lover or grower!
Being a robust unit, the RIGA greenhouse can take up to 6-10 hours to assemble with two people.
Construction: The RIGA greenhouse is designed, engineered and manufactured by the Hoklartherm company in Germany – an industry leader with 30 years of experience. The frame is constructed of smooth-finished anodized aluminum. The walls are UV-coated, 8 mm twin-wall polycarbonate glazing on the side and 10 mm twin-wall polycarbonate glazing in the front and back for extra structural support. The unit comes with heavy-duty rubber seals and silicon caulk to seal around the windows.
Snow-load Capacity: The roof of the RIGA is aggressively angled and has no ridge on which snow or other debris can collect. Since there is no “shoulder” and snow does not accumulate, it is actually impossible to measure the snow load, but the roof has more than enough integrity to support a 185 lb person in the center of the panels. As well, the inside shelves are strong enough to hold several flats of plants – hanging the shelves from chains makes them stronger than traditional braces.
Ventilation: To compensate for large daytime to nighttime temperature variations, the RIGA Greenhouse has larger and more windows, automatic window openers with each roof window, an oversized rear wall window and oversized Dutch barn front door. There is also the option to add more windows to suit the climate where you live and the plants you plan to grow.
Warranty: The polycarbonate walls are under warranty against manufacturer’s defects for 10 years and the aluminum frame is under warranty for 15 years. The warranty on the glazing is pro-rated after 5 years.
Base frame: This optional accessory is highly recommended. It is 6” high and is typically placed directly on the ground. The base frame attaches to the bottom of the greenhouse and provides a stable foundation.
Shelving: The shelving system hangs from chains rather than traditional braces that support from the bottom providing superior strength and reliability.
- Top shelving: suspended shelving with polycarbonate inserts. 14” deep.
- Regular height shelving: suspended shelving without braces allows for larger equipment to be stored underneath. 25” deep with polycarbonate inserts or heavy-duty seed trays.
Door Frame Extensions: If you’re interested in giving greater height to your RIGA greenhouse, you can place it above ground level by mounting it onto a 20” knee wall. This kit extends the door frame, completing your greenhouse.
Additional Roof Windows with Automatic Openers:These are recommended in areas where temperatures reach over 95°F when still using the greenhouse. Shade cloths, which we do not carry specifically for the RIGA greenhouses, are also a good investment in areas where one might use the greenhouse in hot weather.
Adjustable Metal Hooks: A set of 5 metal hooks that are great for hanging lights, fans, flower baskets and other heavy items.
Plastic Hangers: A set of 10 hangers that snap into the grooves in the aluminum frame and are used to attach twine or rope to support tall plants like tomatoes or beans.
Black Seed Trays: These trays fit easily in to the optional shelving. These trays are used to make starting seeds and transplanting easier.
- Dimensions: 7’8” x 14’ long x 7’2” high, with a total of 108 square feet
- Includes 2 roof windows with openers, and 1 rear wall window
- It is recommended to use gravel, stones, pine straw or some other kind of weed control mat that allows drainage for your greenhouse flooring. Concrete slabs are not recommended
- It is not possible to add length to the RIGA greenhouse after you have assembled it. The main support beams are one piece and cannot be extended
- All seals are heavy duty rubber
- The door handle has a lock and key
- Replacement parts are readily available
A note on zoning restrictions: in some areas of the US, it is necessary to have a permit to construct a permanent structure in your backyard. A common restriction is that anything over 100 square feet will require a permit that would be issued by your municipal government or your neighborhood association.
10 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||7’8” x 14’ long x 7’2” high|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the RIGA IVs 7’8 x 14’ x 7’2 Greenhouse
- From Raymond P. Kot II, Esq. at 2/3/14 9:49 PM
- If this greenhouse is used mainly during the winter to grow produce, what is the best way to heat this greenhouse in the winter? I live in Western New York State, where winter temperatures routinely run between 0 and 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank you.
- You can use a small electric fan heater if you have power to the greenhouse. These often come with thermostat settings which kick in when frost levels are reached. These heaters usually cost under $100. Seeding heat mats are also helpful to protect your fragile seedlings during cold spells.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!