This 3' x 6' cedar raised garden bed makes gardening a breeze. At 20 inches high, you can access the garden without kneeling on the ground, which saves your back and knees from becoming strained over time. The trellis - which doubles as a lid - allows more growing space for vining plants such as peas, beans, tomatoes and cucumbers. When the plants are small, the lid will protect them from critters and allow the seedlings to grow.
We call this raised garden bed "the convertible" as it features removable greenhouse panels to protect the plants from frost. Once the plants mature, the greenhouse panels can be removed and the lid can be opened to serve as a trellis.
Features & Benefits:
- Sturdy and easy to assemble
- Solid western red cedar construction
- 20" high raised garden bed, soil fills right to the bottom
- 13.5" high perimeter fence keeps out pesky critters
- Front fence panels fold down for easy access to plants and soil
- Trellis maximizes growing space for climbing plants
- Two pre-assembled trellis panels with mesh
- Cedar arm for easy opening and closing of the trellis-lid
- 6mm Polygal greenhouse panels for sides and lid for climate control
- Includes all necessary hardware
The 13.5" fence that surrounds the raised garden bed is backed with a durable wire mesh screen. The front fence panels are fixed to the bed with heavy duty hinges, allowing you to easily access the garden, while keeping out animals such as rabbits and dogs. It is 33.5 inches from the ground to the top of the fence.
Trellis doubles as a lid – perfect for keeping pests out of your garden when plants are young and the lid is down. As your plants grow, turn your lid into a trellis for climbing plants. You can easily open and close the trellis lid with two included western red cedar arms. The total height from the ground to the top of the trellis is 71 inches. The height with lid closed is 35 inches.
This garden comes with removable greenhouse panels to turn your garden bed into a mini greenhouse! The 6mm thick Polygal panels are mounted in front of the screens and on the lid to insulate the raised bed from cool weather. It is ideal for an early start on seed propagation, seedling growth, water control and extending your growing season.
Attached with clips, the greenhouse panels can easily be adjusted to control temperature and humidity. Simply slide the panels open to allow ventilation. When frost is no longer a threat, the greenhouse panels can be removed completely and you can open the lid, converting it into a trellis.
This raised garden bed takes about 2-3 hours to assemble, and comes with illustrated step-by-step instructions. All hardware is included.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in Canada from PEFC and FSC certified Western Red Cedar.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||72" L x 39" W x 35" high with lid closed (Height to top of trellis: 71")|
|Key Feature||Raised garden bed kit with fencing, trellis/lid and removable greenhouse panels|
|Assembly TIme||2-3 Hours|
|Origin||Made in Canada|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the 3' x 6' Raised Garden Bed Mini Greenhouse Kit
- From alzabees at 11/26/16 2:46 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!