Made in the USA with solid cedar, the deer and pest proof 8'x12'x20" garden kit offers 65 square feet of gardening space, which is great for a small to medium sized family. Past models were made with redwood, but due to supply issues, these are now made with cedar.
If you are looking to jump into gardening quickly, and do not want to deal with the chore of pest proofing and the challenge of irrigating your garden beds, this kit is perfect. The included 5' 8" high fence stops deer and other pests from jumping into your garden, while doubling as a trellis for tomatoes, peas, beans and other climbing vegetables.
Features & Benefits:
- Deer proof– 5'8" high fence doubles as a trellis, while preventing deer from jumping into the garden.
- Tall beds – 20” tall beds mean you don’t have to bend down as far, and the soil will retain more moisture than shorter beds. Plus, you can grow larger plants with deeper roots. No liner needed.
- High quality 5/4"-thick cedar — Thick red cedar lumber that is naturally rot resistant and ideal for damp environments.
- High-quality Fasteners – Included are rust-proof ceramic coated screws.
- Automatic watering system – and timer waters your garden for you. Comes with soaker hose, automatic timer, and sprayer.
Optional Automatic Watering System:
Located at the back corner of the garden, an automatic soaker hose watering system takes even the simplest of duties out of your hands. A garden hose can be connected to the unit, or the hose adaptor can be removed so the watering unit can be tied into your existing watering system with piping. We use a digital battery operated controller, manufactured by DIG Corporation, that is very easy to use. You'll never need to worry about watering your garden - it takes care of itself. Included is
- Soaker hose - lay this around your plantings, and cover with a layer of mulch to water efficiently.
- Coiled garden hose - stores neatly on a hook, and can reach any part of the garden.
- Garden sprayer - attach to end of the hose to water your plants gently. You can manually spray your plants if you choose to or use the hose to wash your hands.
You can assemble this garden kit yourself, or have a local handy person follow the instructions and set it up for you. Assembly can take 3-4 hours, and adding the dirt (3.8 cubic yards) can take an additional few hours. Note that no digging is required ' the entire structure sits on your lawn.
All of our fencing sections are backed with black mesh. We use an air compressor staple gun and hundreds of tiny staples to securely fasten the mesh to the lumber. When the fencing is delivered, the mesh is already affixed. So, it takes only minutes to attach the fencing sections to the garden beds. The mesh will keep out dogs, deer, and rabbits. Up close, it looks attractive, but from a distance you can't even see it.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Planting Space||65 Square Feet|
|Key Feature||5 foot 8 inch high fence protects your garden from pests|
|Assembly TIme||4-5 Hours|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Ground Only (No express)
Questions about the Deer Proof Cedar Complete Raised Garden Bed Kit - 8' x 12' x 20"
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
She's happy, and so am I.
By 3/6/12on All my reviews (2)
I had two options - build one that looked like this, or buy it. Once the wife saw it, she had to have it. Since the wood's already cut and measured, it was easy to put together, and I can't even buy cedar where I live anyways. She's really happy, and it wasn't much of a problem to put together, so I'm pleased as well.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes