Raising chickens is pretty easy, but it is essential that they have continual access to clean drinking water. The water must be suspended to keep the birds from stepping in it and fouling the water with their poop.
This plastic water fount is hung from a hook or any available fastening place to a height about 8" - 12" above the floor of the coop. (It should be inside the coop so the birds have access even when shut in the coop.) The birds can then reach the water to drink but cannot step in it. This arrangement also keeps mice or any other critters out of the water. And because the waterer has a large reservoir, you do not need to provide water daily. Depending on how many birds you keep, you may need to add fresh water only once or twice a week.
This plastic waterer is rust-proof and dent-proof, and a detachable tray makes it easy to clean and fill. Its large capacity of 3 gallons means you won’t have to refill it as often, while the container is still small enough to lift and transport easily.
To use, detach the waterer from the bottom tray. Unscrew the small black cap near the top, and place it over the opening at the bottom. You can then unscrew the large black cap at the top, and fill the container with water. Once filled, secure the large lid tightly. Attach the container back in to the bottom tray, and then remove the small black cap from the opening on the bottom. If water overflows, the large cap at the top needs to be secured more tightly.
- The plastic design is rust-proof, dent-proof, and easy to fill
- Its large, 3 gallon capacity means you won’t need to refill as often
- The vacuum-sealing cap creates an automatic water flow
- A detachable tray makes it easy to clean
- The rugged handle at the top makes it easy to transport around the yard
Made in the USA
The manufacturer has made it a priority to consider the environment and natural resources in the manufacturing of their products and operation of their facilities:
- Use of recycled materials in many of our products
- Utilization of recycled plastic resin
- 100% use of reclaimed rubber
- Utilization of recovered energy sources from our local landfill to power our manufacturing facility
- Investment in new energy efficient lighting technologies allowing us to reduce our energy consumption
- Water soluble machining oil used versus a hazardous waste oil
- Recycling of all manufacturing scrap materials
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||15" x 14.7" x 15"|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Plastic Chicken Waterer
- From Jeanette Brown at 7/22/12 9:57 AM
- I like the idea of the plastic chicken waterer- but it keeps overflowing and all the water runs out. Does anyone have a trick for the o ring- I have put olive oil on it, maybe not tight enough? I also made sure the waterer is level.
- One the container is filled and set back in the tray. be sure to tighten the large top lid securely. Then remove the small black screw cap from the bottom of the jug and return it to its original place, and tighten it securely.
If the water overflows it means a pressure lock has not been established. Take care to ensure that the large lid is screwed tightly shut before releasing the lower black cap. There should be no need to apply olive oil to the washer.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!