Raising chickens is pretty easy, but it is essential that they have continual access to clean drinking water. The water must be suspended to keep the birds from stepping in it and fouling the water with their poop.
This traditional water fount is hung from a hook or any available fastening place to a height about 8" - 12" above the floor of the coop. (It should be inside the coop so the birds have access even when shut in the coop.) The birds can then reach the water to drink but cannot step in it. This arrangement also keeps mice or any other critters out of the water. And because the waterer has a large reservoir, you do not need to provide water daily. Depending on how many birds you keep, you may need to add fresh water only once or twice a week.
To use, turn the lid and lift it off. Fill the center chamber with clean water. Put the lid back on, and turn it to lock it in place. You can then hang it in an easily accessible location for your chickens.
- Made from heavy-duty galvanized steel
- Edges are rolled for safety and feature arched inner handles for added strength
- The copper spring and neoprene seal produce a positive water shut-off
- Seams are constructed and tested to prevent leaks
- Double wall founts feature a locking pin
Made in the USA
The manufacturer has made it a priority to consider the environment and natural resources in the manufacturing of their products and operation of their facilities:
- Use of recycled materials in many of our products
- Utilization of recycled plastic resin
- 100% use of reclaimed rubber
- Utilization of recovered energy sources from our local landfill to power our manufacturing facility
- Investment in new energy efficient lighting technologies allowing us to reduce our energy consumption
- Water soluble machining oil used versus a hazardous waste oil
- Recycling of all manufacturing scrap materials
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Galvanized 3 Gallon Waterer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!