Newly planted or transplanted trees with greatly reduced root systems are in great need of frequently applied deep irrigation. Deep watering to a depth of 12” or more keeps moisture concentrations far below the surface, attracting roots downward and encouraging better root anchorage. The best way to do this is to efficiently ensure deep-water penetration by slowly and evenly applying a high volume of water in a single application. Light watering applications, such as sprinklers or hoses, will not provide adequate water saturation and will force roots to the surface, leading to shallow rooting and poor root anchorage. Much of the water is lost due to run-off or evaporation.
The Treegator Original does what other watering systems cannot. Its design ensures deep-water saturation with every application, with 100 percent of water being absorbed with no run-off. Two water-release points per bag ensure even watering, and each bag empties within 5-9 hours. The Treegator is quick and easy to set-up and refill, saving you time, money, water, and effort. They are ideal for new shade or street trees, and are typically used during the initial 1-2 growing systems (spring through fall) after planting. Trees with trunk diameters of 1 to 3 inches can use a single bag, while trees with 4 to 8 inch trunk diameter should use a double-bag set-up.
- Use on trees with branches at least 25” off the ground
- Made with polyethylene plastic and nylon webbing
- UV stabilized to withstand exposure to sunlight
- Fill opening fits up to 3” diameter hose
- 15-25 gallon water capacity
- Can be used with water-soluble additives
Watering Frequency Guide
- 1-2 inch trunk diameter: 15 gallons, 1 fill per week
- 2-3 inch trunk diameter: 15 gallons, 2 fills per week
- 4-5 inch trunk diameter: double bag set-up, 23 gallons per bag, 1 fill per week
- 5-8 inch trunk diameter: double bag set-up, 22 gallons per bag, 2 fills per week
NOTE: Watering frequency can vary depending on several factors, including soil type, tree type, and weather. Consult a local gardening professional for more information about the watering requirements in your area.
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Utilizes water efficiently and effectively to water your newly planted trees.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Treegator Original
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!