The Peso Rain Barrel holds 50 gallons of rainwater and has vertical parallel sides, which offer less resistance to expanding ice than constricting shapes.
The fixed lid is important to keep children or animals out. The top of the Peso rain barrel has insect screen. The screen keeps the barrel mosquito resistant, yet allows for good water flow. It is attached by a ring to the top of the barrel. While this style is best with falling water, it also works very well with downspouts and rain chains. The large collection area of the top is necessary because falling water “spreads out” as it falls.
The Peso rain barrel is made from food-grade plastic resin with UV additives to protect the plastic from the sun. Food-grade plastic is recommended for rain barrels, even if water is used for irrigation only, as it reduces chemicals leaching into the water. The Peso is guaranteed to be leak-free. Thermal welded fittings and seamless construction both serve to prevent water leakage.
Features & Benefits
- 50 gallon capacity cylindrical rain barrel
- Seamless construction, all fittings welded to tank
- Guaranteed to be leak free
- Large top is perfect for capturing falling water
- Fixed top attaches to rain barrel body, removable screen
- Full UV protection
- Made in the USA
- Bottom drain valve fitting (3/4") made from rust-proof bronze, attaches to garden hose
- Doubled-threaded fitting (1 1/2") for primary overflow, installed close to top
- Materials: UV-stabilized food-grade plastic resin
- Dimensions: 37" H x 20" D
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Light Adobe
- Medium Adobe
- Dark Adobe
- Sherwood Green
- Dark Grey
How to Use:
Like every rain barrel, it’s wise to drain the 50 gallon Peso rain barrel once temperatures dip to freezing levels to prevent potential cracking. You can leave it hooked up, just be sure to keep the bottom drain open.
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||Food grade UV stabilized plastic|
|Dimensions||36" H x 20" D|
|Key Feature||Cyclinder rainwater harvesting tank plus all necessary components|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Peso Rain Barrel - 50 Gallon
- From Mary at 8/4/10 3:12 AM
- I want to capture laundry water instead of sending into septic - is this possible?
- It is possible to redirect the washer's water discharge line for use in the yard or garden, or to a storage tank. This is not uncommon. However it is illegal in some towns/states to run gray water anywhere other than your septic system/sewer system. You should check with your local municipal officers before making this decision.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!