As the top barrel is rotated, gravity and centrifugal forces squeeze out excess liquid from the compost which flows out onto the base where it's channeled into the barrel. From there it mixes directly with the rain water collected from your gutters forming nutrient packed plant food.
At the rear of the unit is a screened opening where the water from your downspout can flow into the lower unit. The screen is small enough that mosquitoes can’t enter to lay eggs. Because the entry hole is so small, there’s no way a kid or pet can get stuck in the barrel. And because the Hybrid lays flat on the ground, no one can get hurt by knocking this rain barrel over. Rain barrel capacity: 47 gallons.
The composter sits on four spinning wheels that are mounted on the rain barrel portion. Because of the composter's horizontal mounting, it’s easy to spin the composter by hand, even when full. Composter capacity: 7 cubic feet.
Features & Benefits
- Combines a Rain Barrel and Composter into one unit
- Space saving
- 7 cubic foot composter
- 47 gallon rain barrel
- Recessed handles for easy turning
- Wheeled base for effortless turning
- Large 12" twist lid & aeration holes
- Pet and child friendly
- Made of 100% recycled plastic
- Creates nutrient rich compost in as little as 4 weeks
- Directly mix compost tea with rain water
- Anti-debris screen on base
- Available in 5 colors: Black, Oak, Forest Green, Khaki, Terra Cotta
- Includes high quality brass spigot on rain barrel for hose attachment
- 29" L x 35" W x 39" H
- 1 year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Made in the USA
These composters are made of 100% recycled plastic. They are Food Grade, UV protected, and manufactured in the USA.
Compost tumbler / rain barrel and base. Hardware includes a heavy duty brass spigot and plumber's tape.
Assembly & Installation
Quick and easy 5 min assembly. Composter installs under your downspout to collect rainwater.
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Low carbon footprint: Made in the USA
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening
- This product helps to reduce your water consumption by collecting rainwater
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||7 cubic feet (45 gallons) composter + 47 gallon Rain Barrel|
|Dimensions||29" L x 35" W x 39" H|
|Key Feature||Combines a Rain Barrel and Composter into one unit|
|Manufacturer||Good Ideas Inc.|
|Assembly TIme||15 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
|Base Type||Wheeled Base|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email email@example.com for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Compost Wizard Hybrid Composter / Rain Barrel
- From JSS at 8/22/10 5:34 PM
- Will this material stand up to hard winter weather (less than freezing quite often, sometimes less than 0 degrees.)
- Yes, the Compost Wizard Hybrid Composter will withstand freezing. The reservoir should not be full to the top in a hard freeze, to allow some room for expansion. The plastic material has some flex to it which makes it durable in all weather conditions.
We keep our compost tumbler in the shade of our cherry tree - any plastic material will last even longer if direct sunlight exposure is minimized.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From JP at 3/21/11 9:49 AM
- Is there any way to remove the water other than the spout? If you wanted to use a bucket, it looks like you would have to have the whole unit raised significantly.
- You can attach a hose to the spigot and pour from the hose into a bucket, assuming there is enough liquid in the rain barrel to supply pressure.
Another option, recommended, is to set the unit on pavers or blocks to give you a few more inches for decanting the liquid into a container, or to increase pressure to an attached hose.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From RP at 10/26/11 12:30 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!