Please Note: this product comes with one filter. To purchase additional filters click here.
The 10 Stage Filtration System is made in the USA and contains the patented 10-stage contaminant removing replaceable filter cartridge. It lasts three times as long as the common carbon block filters.
Easy to install - it takes just minutes to attach to your current faucet. The filter is attached to your faucet by a thin hose (included) with a round adapter which threads onto your existing faucet. Water can either flow out the faucet or to the filter, depending on how you rotate the switch on the adapter.
10 Stage Water Filter Reduces:
Chlorine, Chloramines, Pesticides, Herbicides, Trihalomethanes, Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg odor), Microorganisms (such as cysts and protozoa), Heavy Metals (e.g. Lead, Mercury, Cadmium), Organic Arsenic, PCBs, Asbestos, and dozens of other contaminants.
10 Stages of Protection Against Major Water Contaminants:
Stage 1. 30 micron sponge filter. Traps larger solids (sediments) such as rust.
Stage 2. 8 ounces of KDF-55. KDF-55 is a patented alloy. It removes free Chlorine and some heavy metals, and stops bacteria from reproducing, thereby prolonging the life of the filter.
Stage 3. 10 micron felt pad. Removes smaller floating solids and separates the layers, preserving their integrity.
Stage 4. 30 cubic inches of ultra fine mesh superior coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbon. G.A.C. is the premier, cost-effective way to remove chlorine, bad odors and color from drinking water. G.A.C. also removes pesticides, herbicides, arsenic, mercury and trihalomethanes.
Stage 5. 10 micron felt pad for fine sediment removal.
Stage 6. 7 cubic inches of ion exchange resin which reduces lead.
Stage 7. Additional 30 micron felt pad provides an extra buffer against floating sediment of any kind.
Stage 8. 7 cubic inch bed of G.A.C. provides extra protection against organic pollutants.
Stage 9. 2 ounces of calcite which raises the water’s pH and lowers acidity. It increases alkalinity, which many nutritionists recommend.
Stage 10. 1 micron absolute depth filter. Screens out cysts and protozoa, including giardia and cryptosporidium, and gives the filtered water a sparkling clarity.
How Long Does the Replaceable Filter Cartridge Last?
Each filter cartridge should be changed after 1500 gallons. This would be approximately one year for a family of four, assuming they each drank 1/2 gallon a day and the family washes fruits and vegetables in filtered water.
Changing the filter cartridge?
Unlike many brands, you do not have to throw the whole system away. You simply unscrew the housing, remove the old cartridge and drop in a new filter cartridge.
What does the 10 Stage filter leave in the water?
Inert minerals such as Fluoride, Magnesium, Potassium, and Chlorides.
Testing and Approval:
10 Stage Filtration System has been extensively tested by an EPA approved lab, which is certified to do filter testing and tests to the same EPA protocols as the National Sanitation Foundation.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Water Filtered Per Cartridge||1500 Gallons|
|Key Feature||An effective 10-stage water filtration system. Includes 1 filter cartridge.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Premium 10-Stage Countertop Filtration System
- From Colin at 11/24/10 4:16 PM
- Can you use this with a faucet aerator? We have low-flow areators installed on all faucets in our home.
- Yes Colin. Our Premium 10-Stage Countertop Filtration System can be used with any aerator or sprayer installed on your faucet head. To install, just unscrew the aerator and screw in the diverter valve, then screw the aerator into the diverter valve. No tools necessary.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Christine at 8/9/10 1:05 AM
- From Laurie at 8/8/10 10:41 AM
- Can this unit only be installed on a standard faucet head? Mine has an optional sprayer and is larger than the faucet in the picture.
- The aerator needs to be removed from your faucet, and the included diverter valve then is screwed on to the faucet in place of the aerator. It needs to be a standard sized faucet head.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!