The Amp Solar Charger is a compact solar powered charger that carries four times the power and twice the battery storage of most solar chargers on the market. Designed as a universal charger for thousands of compatible devices, you need never to be without power again. Two 2.0 watt solar panels generate power in sunlight, and are waterproof, lightweight, and built to last. The V15 Universal USB Battery can be charged in the sun or using the USB power cable, optional AC travel charger, or DC car charger, making it just as useful on the grid as off. A full charge will give you up to 14 hours of talk time or 68 hours of music playback!
Features & Benefits:
- 4 watts of solar power (1 hour in the sun = 1.5 hours of talk time)
- Lithium Polymer V15 Universal USB Battery can be charged both on and off the grid, and gives you up to 14 hours of talk time or 68 hours of music playback with a full charge.
- lightweight and portable
- 600D shell made from recycled PET (soda bottles),which is waterproof, lightweight, and UV resistant.
- Designed as a universal charger; there are thousands of compatible devices including handhelds, tablets and digital cameras (not suitable for laptops).
- 2 Year warranty on bag/case and panel(s), 1 year warranty on battery.
Two 2.0 watt solar panels generate power in the sunlight. They are waterproof, lightweight, and built to withstand abuse
- Power: 4 watts of total peak output at 6 or 12 volts (selectable depending on charging application)
- Charge times: 5 hours in the sun fully charges a typical phone, 1 hour provides about 1.5 hours of talk time.
V15 Universal USB Battery
Included battery charges efficiently from solar and stores power for use anytime. When not in the sun, it can be charged using the USB Power Cable or an optional AC travel charger or DC car charger (not included), making it just as useful on the grid as off. Charge devices from the USB Port using your own cable or the included Micro USB and Mini USB adapters.
- Capacity: 4:000 mAh, 15 Wh
- Output: 5 V, 1000 mA
- Input: 5-6 V, 1000 mA
- Maximum Output Power: 5 Watts
- Weight: 4.4 oz (126 g)
- Dimensions: 4” x 2.5” x 0.5” (102 x 65 x 16 mm)
- Charge time: In direct sun, fully charges in 9 hours from 4 watts of solar panels. Can also be charged using any USB port or optional DC or AC chargers
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, overcharge, over discharge, over current, over temperature
- Charge display: LEDs light sequentially when charging
- Capacity Display: 1 flashing LED 1%, 1LED <33%, 2 LEDs 33-66%, 3 LEDs 66-95%, 4LEDs 95%+ full
- Dimensions:6.5” high x 5.5” wide x 1.5” deep (16.5cm high x 14.5 cm wide x 4cm deep)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs (480 grams) including battery and solar panels
- Volume: 20 cubic inches (0.3 litres), enough room for Voltaic battery, adapter cable, and small phone or camera
- LED Indicator: LED in logo illuminates when light hits the panels
- Interior Pocket: Mesh pocket stores adapters and cables
- Fabric: 600D shell made from recycled PET (soda bottles), which is waterproof, lightweight, and UV resistant
- Handhelds: Apple: iPhone 1G, 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4G, 4S, 5, iPod Touch, Classic, Nano, Shuffle (using your Apple USB cable or our optional 30-pin adapter) BlackBerry: Bold 9700, Curve 8900, Pearl 8130, Storm 9530, Torch, Tour 9630 - Not compatible with Blackberry 9810 Flip: SlideHD, MinoHD, UltraHD HTC: Eris, Evo, HD2, HD7 Hero, Incredible, Rhyme, Trophy, Thunderbolt Garmin: Oregon, Dakota, and zumo Series, eTrex with nuvi with Garmin's power cable Iridium: 9555 Satellite Phone via Iridium car charger and 12V output LG: Chocolate (requires optional adapter), Incite, Revolution, Rumor Kodak: zi6, zi8 Motorola: Atrix, Backflip, Droid, Droid X, Pro and 2 Nintendo: DS Lite with optional adapter Nokia: N72, N900, N97 Mini, X3, X6 Samsung: Epic, Charge, Galaxy S and X, Instinct, Mythic, Rogue Palm/HP: Pre, Veer Sony: PSP (requires optional 4.0x1.7mm phone adapter) TomTom: XL, XXL and GO Series.
- Tablets: Apple: iPad, iPad 2, new iPad (aka iPad3), iPad Mini BlackBerry: Playbook Google: Nexus 7 LG: T-Mobile G-Slate Samsung: Galaxy Tab (requires optional Galaxy Tab adapter) (will not work with ASUS eee Transformer, Motorola XOOM or Acer Iconia Tab)
- Digital Cameras: In addition, you can adjust the Voltage output of the solar panels from 6V to 12V. The 12V setting is suitable for charging larger 7.4V digital camera batteries. You will need an optional camera battery cradle that supports the specific battery in your camera.
This is designed as a universal charger and there are thousands of compatible devices, including the following:
SustainabilityLets you charge your devices off grid with renewable solar energy. 600D shell made from recycled PET (soda bottles).
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||20 cubic inches (0.3 liters), enough room for Voltaic battery, adapter cable, and small phone or camera|
|Dimensions||6.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"|
|Key Feature||Solar powered charger that can charge your devices both on and off the grid.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Voltaic Amp Solar Charger
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!