Invite a colony of insect-eating bats into your yard with the Triple Chamber Bat House by the Organization for Bat Conservation. Designed using North American Bat House Research Project guidelines, our bat houses have a greater than 80% occupancy rate, compared to only 10% with some other designs.
If you have problems with mosquitoes, install this bat house to encourage bats to live nearby. Bats sleep during the day, and emerge at night to eat bugs such as mosquitoes, moths, flies, and gnats. Unless you stay up and watch, you might never even see the bats. The ultimate in low-impact, non-toxic pest control, bats are a great way of reducing your insect population in a natural way.
Bats live across North America, but since they’re small, fast, and nocturnal, you may have never noticed them in your neighbourhood. Since this bat house is such an ideal home for them, within a month or so you should have some bats starting to live there.
Features & Benefits:
- Three roosting chambers provides shelter for up to 300 bats!
- Front and side vent holes to keep bats comfortably acclimated
- Interior polyethylene mesh aids in maneuverability
- Extra-long landing platform so bats can get in and out easily
- Ventilation slot promotes air circulation
- Caulked water-tight sloped roof
- Thinner chambers give protection from predators
- High quality cedar and exterior plywood weathers well and retains heat
- Pre-assembled - just set it up and they will come
- Includes mounting instructions and information about bats
- Dimensions: 24" H x 14" W x 5" D
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Made in the USA
How To Use:
Where you mount your bat house plays an important role in whether it will be occupied. Bats like warm conditions. Houses can be mounted on poles, sides of buildings, and dead trees. You can place a bat house on a live tree if the tree is tall and the foliage starts above the bat house. Houses should be mounted at least 15 feet above the ground. The higher the house is mounted, the better your chances are of attracting bats.
Bat houses should face south to southeast to take advantage of the morning sun. In northern States and Canada, bat houses need to receive at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. You can also paint the house black to absorb heat. Be sure to use water-based, non-toxic, latex paint when painting the house. Southern states may want to place the bat house in direct sun, but unpainted. Extreme southern areas may want to paint the bat house white to reflect the heat.
This bat house may be mounted to a vertical surface with the predrilled hole on the top and bottom.
Organization for Bat Conservation bat houses are made in the USA. A portion of the proceeds goes back into conservation work.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||24" tall, 14" wide, 5" deep|
|Key Feature||Triple celled bat house with 3 roosting chambers. Bats provide an all natural way to control insects.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Triple Chamber Wooden Bat House
- From bill larsen at 7/25/12 5:38 AM
- how high up should you place the bat house? Can you mount them on a tree?
- Bats will find it most quickly if it is located between 15 and 20 feet off the ground, facing the southeast. You can mount them on a tree, but bats will find bat houses mounted on poles much faster than those mounted on trees.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From JTsantes at 9/4/16 10:03 AM
- How wide are the chambers. I live in Louisiana where most of the bats are of the Myotis austroriparius species. We were told that the optimum spacing for these small bars should be 3/4 inch.
- Each chamber is 7/8” wide and it has 3 chambers. The entrance to each chamber is the same, so there will be three 7/8" wide entrances.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!