Weighing less than 5 oz., the Scrubba™ Wash Bag is the lightest and most compact “washing machine” in the world. It’s a packing essential for all travellers and campers who want to: pack lighter and cleaner, wash clothes anywhere, save money, and enjoy travel.
Features & Benefits:
- Wash clothes wherever and whenever you want for free with this ultra portable washing machine
- A modern take on the old fashioned washboard: hundreds of internal Scrubba™ nodules that efficiently clean your clothes in minutes
- Machine quality wash
- Microbial and hydrolysis resistant polyether TPU
- Lightest washing ‘machine’ in the world at only 5 oz.
- Folds down to pocket-size and is small enough to take anywhere
- Grip circles on the outside prevent sliding on surfaces when washing
- Transparent ‘window’ to see washing and filling levels
- Picture instructions printed right on the outside of the bag
- Valve to release air
- Saves you money and time doing laundry while travelling
- Great for business trips, outdoor adventures, backpacking adventures, boats, emergency prep, or even for those without a laundry machine at home wanting to wash a few articles or delicates
- Volume of the bag is 3 gallons, but optimal washing volume is 1 gallon when filled with clothes and water
- Doubles as a dry-bag
Using Your Scrubba™ Wash Bag
The key to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag is the flexible internal washboard. These 6 simple steps are all it takes to have clean clothes on the go:
- 1) FILL IT: Add water, cleaning liquid and clothes to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag (20-40% volume).
- 2) ROLL & CLIP: Roll down top at least 4-5 times and clip ends (like you would with a dry bag).
- 3) DEFLATE: Open and squeeze valve to expel air from the Scrubba™ Wash Bag.
- 4) RUB: Press down and rub clothes against the Scrubba™ Wash Bag’s unique internal flexible washboard for 30 seconds for a quick traveler wash, or for 3 minutes for a machine quality wash. For delicates, press and rub gently.
- 5) RINSE: Unclip and unroll the Scrubba™ Wash Bag’s seal. Pour out water. Rinse clothes with fresh water in the Scrubba™ Wash Bag or under a running tap or shower.
- 6) DRY: Hang dry clothes on a clothesline, pat dry with a towel, or get creative (hang on a bed post, over a chair, on a hanger, in a tree)!
Care & Maintenance
Your Scrubba™ Wash Bag will last much longer if you look after it. Follow these steps to maximize the lifespan of your Scrubba™:
- Rinse, invert and dry after each use. While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag uses microbial and hydrolysis resistant polyether TPU, air drying the inside of the bag will help it last longer and make it more hygienic.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or heat: exposure to temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius can damage the inner and outer coatings of the bag. Where possible, dry the bag in the shade (it doesn't take long).
- Take care when washing clothes with zips, buckles or other hard features: Wrapping the clothes to cover zippers, buckles or other hard features can minimize damage to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag.
- Avoid sharp or abrasive surfaces: While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag is designed to tackle rough terrain, where possible select the least abrasive surface available when washing clothes. As with all waterproof products, also try to avoid twigs, rocks and other objects to avoid puncture.
The Washing Machine That Gives Back Clean Water
The Scrubba™ Wash Bag is the washing machine that gives back clean water. A portion of the proceeds goes towards providing clean drinking water in areas of the world with those in need. Supported projects include:
- $15,000 contributed to provide clean water to a school in Bangladesh
- $1000 donated by the Scrubba™ Wash Bag to the World Vision Emergency and Preparedness Fund
- Contribution to and on-going involvement with Charity: Water
- $1000 contribution to Rift Valley Reservoir Project (Kenya) with the help from our IndieGoGo campaign supporters
SustainabilitySaves money and water when doing laundry while traveling. A portion of all proceeds goes towards providing clean drinking water to those in need.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||21.3 x 12.6 inches when laid flat, 6.3 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches (when rolled for storage)|
|Key Feature||Worlds lightest and most portable laundry wash bag|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the The Scrubba™ Wash Bag
- From debbie walker at 10/19/16 5:25 AM
- From Courtney at 4/30/15 10:55 AM
- From Catherine Hayward at 4/21/15 5:36 AM
- What soap do you recommend if you are backpacking?
- We like Nellie's All Natural Laundry Soda for use with Scrubba because it's in powder form (no messy leaks in your backpack), is highly concentrated so you only need to pack a small amount, and is safe and chemical-free for use in the natural environment.
Here is the link to learn more about Nellie's:
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Lawrence at 1/16/15 12:01 PM
- From Kay at 9/16/14 8:05 AM
- I am interested in purchasing the Scrubba Wash Bag. The description on your site says that it is backordered. Yet it also says the product is available and will ship in 1-2 days. Would you please tell me which it is and/or how long it will take you to ship it? Many thanks.
- Hi Kay,
Thank you for your question. Eartheasy has recently started distributing the Scrubba and we have started seeing a huge demand for this product! We are currently backordered and expecting in a small shipment next week, one in the first week of October, and another large shipment in the last week of October. So depending on when you submit your order and how many people have ordered before you, your Scrubba should ship somewhere between 1.5 and 5 weeks from now. After the inventory is received and processed at our warehouse it will take 1-2 days to be shipped out, plus a few extra days in transit.
We expect all backorders to be fulfilled by early November and will maintain a regular stock of product after that time.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Mike at 8/18/14 2:19 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!