The Survival Still is a non-electric water distiller that purifies water by boiling the water and collecting only the pure steam (a process called distillation). The result; consistently pure water from virtually any water source, without the use of filters. If you’re in an emergency, you can purify water from your swimming pool, a stream or even the ocean, for as long as is needed.
Features & Benefits:
- Converts contaminated water and ocean water into high purity drinking water
- Meets Red Cross, FEMA and AWWA recommendations for the process of distillation when treating water in emergency situations
- Kills and removes bacteria and viruses
- Fail Safe Protection (unlike filters, the Survival Still has a permanent air gap that separates the raw water from the purified water)
- Effective on radioactive contaminents
- Effective on toxic metals
- Designed and made in the USA
- Lifetime performance guarantee, reusable and no deterioration in performance over time
Two Piece Survival Still, High-Temp Silicone Tubing, Instruction Manual, Product Key for a Free E-Book titled, “How to Use the Survival Still to Save your Life”. **POTS AND COLLECTION BOTTLE ARE NOT INCLUDED.**
Raw Water Requirements:
Source water should be potable water, ocean water or pool water. FEMA and the Red Cross recommend using the process of distillation on contaminated water during an emergency, but user does so at their own risk.
Third-party testing demonstrated the reduction of contaminated ocean water from over 30,000 parts per million (ppm) to less than 3 ppm. Testing on other distillers has shown 99+% removal of uranium, cesium, and other metals, as well as excellent removal of petroleum-based chemicals. No claim is made that the Survival Still is perfect or that it offers 100% removal of contaminants, because there is no water treatment process that is perfect nor is there such a thing as 100% pure water.
The production rate depends upon the amount of heat/energy you put into the boiling water. Our tests showed a rate of 1/2 gallon of distilled water per hour.
The Survival Still is designed to be used with the pots you already have at home. The bottom pot should provide a stable base and should have an inner diameter no smaller than 9″ and an outer diameter no larger than 11″. The top pot should have a bottom diameter no smaller than 8 5/8″ and no greater than 9 5/8″. The top pot should be made of stainless steel, be clean on the bottom and hold at least 8 to 12 quarts of water. The bottom pot does not need to be stainless steel.
You can use many different heat sources. We recommend the use of a controlled heat source which you can turn off after the batch is complete. In addition, the heating surface must be level and stable.
Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 60 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||Purifies and desalinates even the most contaminated water though distillation.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Survival Still Water Purifier and Desalinator
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!