With stacking joints, you can easily create your own unique raised garden bed with our timbers, or lumber from your local lumber yard. Choose from our complete garden kits, or design your own with just the pieces you need.
Stacking joints can be used on their own for raised beds up to 12 inches tall. For taller raised beds, anchor joints are used on the base level, and stacking joints slide into anchor joints to build each additional level. Stacking joints rotate 270 degrees and firmly hold composite timbers in place. The ‘slot’ that the 2 inch timber fits into will also accept standard 2 x 6 sawn lumber, and the slot that the 1 inch timber fits into will accept standard 1 x 6 sawn lumber.
If you plan on using your own lumber with the stacking joints, it is important to note that the actual inside width of the flanges is 1.5" for the 2" anchor/stacking joints, which corresponds with the actual thickness of standard lumber. In all lumberyards and home improvement centers, a standard 2 x 6 board is actually 1.5" thick. For the 1" anchor/stacking joints, the actual inside measurement is a full 1", which is thicker than standard 1x lumber. If you use your own lumber with the 1" joints, you will need rough lumber that is 1" thick.
Small caps, designed to cover the tops of the topmost joints, keep dirt, sand and other grit from getting into the joints.
Each Joint comes with 4 black zinc-plated steel screws to firmly hold the timbers in place. A power drill is the easiest way to put these screws in. However, some customers find the joints hold the timbers sufficiently and say the screws are unnecessary.
Features & Benefits:
- Stacking joints securely fasten composite timbers, or standard 1” x 6” or 2” x 6” lumber
- Two stacking joints included per pack
- Comes with 4 screws per joint (8 screws total)
- Hinge design swivels 270 degrees to create virtually unlimited designs
- Stake slides effortlessly and precisely into the joint below allowing you to build upward
- 5.5” in ground depth
- Made from durable ABS recycled plastic with UV stabilizers
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||Recycled ABS plastic with UV stabilizers|
|Dimensions||5.5” in ground depth|
|Key Feature||Use stacking joints to stack raised garden beds and increase height|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Raised Garden Bed Stacking Joints 2-Pack
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!