This is a well-recognized, industry leading filter system. It has been tested and approved by an independent Environmental Protection Agency-approved laboratory. Each filter cartridge lasts 1500 gallons. Made in the USA.
Premium 10-Stage Filtration System FAQ
Why is this filter system better than others?
A. The Ten Stage Filtration System contains the patented 10-Stage contaminant removing replaceable filter cartridge. It lasts three times as long as the common carbon block filters (1500 gallons versus 500 gallons).
B. It filters contaminants by bonding the contaminants with the media inside the filter. Carbon Block filters sieve some contaminants which causes the block to clog easily.
C. If a filter is not changed in a timely manner it will dump contaminants into the water at concentrations higher than the original tap water. Therefore, it is important to replace this filter every year.
D. Affordably priced when compared to other major brands that remove as many contaminants as the New Wave Premium Filter removes.
For Municipal Tap Water only.
What does the Ten Stage filter remove?
The Ten Stage PREMIUM Filter removes or greatly reduces the following: Chlorine, Cancer causing organic/chlorine compounds called Trihalomethanes (THM), bad Odors, e.g., Hydrogen Sulfide which gives water a rotten egg smell, Pesticides, Herbicides, PCB's, Toxic Heavy Metals i.e., Lead, Cadmium, Organic Arsenic, Asbestos, Micro-organisms (protozoa and cysts) such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, and dozens of other lesser known organic contaminants.
What does the Ten Stage filter leave in the water?
Inert Minerals such as Magnesium, Potassium, and Chlorides and Fluoride. Some people are concerned about fluoride. In these cases where a consumer wants fluoride removed, we recommend New Wave's Reverse Osmosis System.
How long does its replaceable filter cartridge last?
Each filter cartridge should be changed after 1500 gallons. This would be approximately one year for a family of four, assuming they each drank: 1/2 gallon a day and the family washes fruits and vegetables in filtered water.
Note: It is increasingly important to use filtered water for a variety of kitchen needs besides drinking water. For example, more and more imported fruits and vegetables have been found to have Giardia or Cryptosporidium on them plus these hard shelled Cysts can be present in your water supply. Filtered water is recommended for rice and pasta since boiling does not remove chlorine from water.
Changing the filter cartridge?
Unlike many brands, you do not have to throw the whole system away. You simply unscrew the housing, remove the old cartridge and drop in a new filter cartridge.
Testing and approval?
The New Wave Premium Filter has been extensively tested by Truesdale Laboratories, Inc. an Environmental Protection Agency approved Lab which is certified to do filter testing and tests to the same EPA protocols as the National Sanitation Foundation.
10 Stage Removal List:
- ORGANIC MERCURY
- TETRACHLORIDE CHLORIDANE
- DIBROMO-3 CHLOROPROPANE
- DICHLOROETHYLENE, METHANE & PROPANE
- POLYCLORINATED BIPHENYLS
- VINYL CHLORIDE
- ORGANIC ARSENIC
- ETHYLENE DIBROMIDE
THE 10 STAGE CARTRIDGE ALSO REDUCES ACIDITY
Premium 10-Stage Water Filter- U.S. Patent No. 6,197,193 B1
Inside the 10 Stage Filter Cartridge - 10 Stages of Protection Against Major Water Contaminants
- Stage 1- 100 micron sponge filter. Traps larger solids (sediments) such as RUST.
- Stage 2- 8 oz. of KDF-55. KDF-55 is a patented alloy. It removes free Chlorine and some Heavy Metals, thereby prolonging the life of the filter and is an excellent Bacteriostat.
- Stage 3-10 micron felt pad. Removes smaller floating solids and separates the layers, preserving their integrity.
- Stage 4- 30 cubic inches of ultra fine mesh superior coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbon, “G.A.C..” G.A.C. has long been accepted by the E.P.A. and others as the premier, cost-effective way to remove Chlorine, bad odor and color from drinking water. G.A.C. also removes Organic Contaminants such as Pesticides, Herbicides, Arsenic, Mercury and Trihalomethanes, a Cancer-causing Organic Pollutant.
- Stage 5- 10 micron felt pad for Fine Sediment Removal.
- Stage 6- 7 cubic inches of ion exchange resin.This resin has an exceptional affinity for Lead, and removes Lead to below minimum E.P.A. standards.
- Stage 7- Additional 10 micron felt pad provides an extra buffer against Floating Sediment of any kind.
- Stage 8- 7 cubic inch bed of G.A.C.. Provides extra protection against Cancer-causing Organic Pollutants.
- Stage 9- 3 oz. of calcite. Calcite raises the water’s pH, which lowers acidity and increases alkalinity, which many nutritionists recommend.
- Stage 10- 1 micron absolute depth filter. A filter with a micron rating this small screens outcysts and protozoa, (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium), and gives the filtered water a sparkling clarity.
How Long Does the Replacable Filter Cartridge Last?
Each Filter cartridge should be changed after 1500 gallons. This would be approximately one year for a family of four, assuming they each drank 1/2 gal. a day and they wash fruits and vegetables in filtered water.
The New Wave Premium 10-Stage Water Filter has been extensively tested. Summary test results are available upon request.
For BULK orders, please email email@example.com
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Water Filtered Per Cartridge||1500 Gallons|
|Items per pack||1|
|Key Feature||An incredibly effective 10 stage water filtration system.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
Questions about the Premium 10-Stage Countertop Filtration System Replacement Cartridge
- From Alex at 8/18/12 2:03 PM
- Can I install this filter into another Countertop Filtration System that is not the one listed on this website?
- This filter is not designed to fit with other countertop filter models. Some models don't have replacement filters and need to be entirely replaced. Itis possible this filter would fit another model, but we do not have this information.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Cathey Colglazier at 2/27/12 2:10 PM
- Will this 10 stage Countertop Filtration system filter out sulfur and the resulting smell from well water?
- Yes, the Premium 10-Stage Countertop Filtration System filters sulphur and bad odors such as hydrogen sulfide. It also removes or greatly reduces chlorine, carcinogenic organic and chlorine compounds called trihalomethanes (THM), pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, toxic heavy metals like lead, cadmium, organic arsenic, asbestos, micro-organisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia, and dozens of other organic contaminants. Once your water has been filtered, inert and desirable minerals like magnesium, potassium, chlorides, and fluoride are left behind.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!