5 roosting chambers, providing shelter for up to 600 bats!
If you have problems with mosquitoes, install this bat house to encourage them to live nearby. Bats sleep during the day, and emerge at night to eat bugs such as mosquitoes, moths, flies, and gnats. Unless you stay up and watch, you might never even see the bats. The ultimate in low-impact, non-toxic pest control, bats are a great way of reducing your insect population in a natural way.
Designed using North American Bat House Research Project guidelines, this well-made bat house is made from rough cedar with a exterior-grade ¾” plywood back. The un-treated cedar will weather to a nice gray color over time.
Bats live across North America, but since they’re small, fast, and nocturnal, you may have never noticed them in your neighbourhood. Since this bat house is such an ideal home for them, within a month or so you should have some bats starting to live there. Bats will find it quicker if it is located 15 to 20 feet off the ground , facing the southeast. Bats tend to find bat houses mounted on poles much faster than those mounted on trees. You can also mount a bat house under the eaves of your house, provided it is high enough off the ground.
Features & Benefits
- Five chambers, fits up to 600 bats!
- Front & Side Vent Holes, to keep the bats comfortably acclimated.
- Landing Perch, which ensures that your bats can easily get in and out of their bat house.
- Interior nylon mesh so it’s easy for them to move around
- Built to OBC Specs (the Organization for Bat Conservation) based on 10 years of research.
- Ventilation slot promotes air circulation
- Caulked Water Tight Sloped Roof.
- Constructed with wood glue instead of toxic or smelly glues to keep your bats healthy.
- No paint or finishes are used. Just natural, long lasting weather resistant wood.
- Made in the USA
- Dimensions: 24' long, 21.5' wide, 7' deep
- Roughened Cedar Construction for years of use, with a 3/4" exterior plywood back (for easy mounting with screws or nails)
- Assembled With Galvanized Screws which are tough and durable.
- Comes Completely Assembled With Mounting Screws Already Attached. Simply set it up and they will come.
SustainabilityProvides an all natural way to control insects.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||24" long, 21.5" wide, 7" deep|
|Key Feature||Provides an all natural way to control insects.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Extra Large 5 Chamber Wooden Bat House
- From Vince at 5/12/11 6:46 PM
- How big should I go with a bat house? I see bats flying around my yard at night, I have a mosquito problem, but I'm not sure if I want 600 bats in my back yard. Is that a lot or no? I have 1/3 of an acre with surrounding neighbors whose combined open land is probably a couple of acres. Neighbor has a 20ft pool he covers when not in use. I'd like to encourage more bats, but I'm not sure how much is too much.
- It sounds like a three-chamber bat house would be more than sufficient for your situation. Bat populations will increase or decrease according to the level of food availability. The larger bat house may attract and house a larger population of bats, but if your mosquito population is not sufficient, the bats will range further or relocate.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!