The Electronic Insect Killer works by attracting light-sensitive flying insects with its high-intensity UV light and the optional lure. As insects fly toward the light, they pass through a vertical rod electrified grid and are killed quickly and cleanly. The unit’s weatherproof polycarbonate construction will not rust, crack or fade.
Specifications for BK-40D
- Recommended for areas up to 1 acre
- One 40-watt high intensity ultraviolet bulb (BF-190)
- Assembled unit size: 9.75” L x 9.75” W x 16.5” H
- Weight: 7 lbs
Specifications for BK-80D
- Recommended for areas up to 1.5 acres
- Two 40-watt high-intensity ultraviolet bulbs (BF-150)
- Assembled unit size: 11” L x 11” W x 18.5” H
- Weight: 9 lbs
Unpack your insect killer, saving the carton and fillers for storage during off-season months. Select a sturdy device from which to hang the unit at a height of six to eight feet above the ground. Select a location that is 25 feet away from the area intended for human activity, between the source of insects and the area to be protected. Plug the cord into an extension cord rated for outdoor use. The bulb will emit a bluish glow within a few seconds.
Your insect killer is equipped with self-cleaning grids, and require no special maintenance apart from cleaning the insect debris from the bottom of the unit. This should be done regularly by using a small brush or a portable hair dryer. Be sure to unplug the unit before cleaning, and do not use any sprays to clean it. We recommend that you replace the UV bulbs once every season. Replacement bulbs can be purchased from Eartheasy.
Optional Mosquito Lure
You can use the optional mosquito lure, made from USDA approved Octenol attractant, which is effective for up to 30 days. Octenol is a food by-product, produced by plants such as mushrooms.
2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Weight||7 lb. / 9 lb.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Electronic Insect Killer
- From Jen Davis at 9/20/13 10:01 AM
- From VMO at 3/23/14 2:24 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!