Choose between 5 colors.
The Nino rain barrel holds 55 gallons and is squat and stable in comparison to other barrels. The top of this barrel has a screen for water input on one side, and the other side can be used as a planter.
The Nino’s end to end water catchment area along with its rectangular shape means it can be situated in multiple positions around your home.
This is the 'Plus' version of the Nino, with a removable top. The top is actually a shallow box, that you can add dirt to and plant flowers in, for aesthetic purposes. The Nino’s removable top and the planter tray both have drain holes into the barrel, so if you don’t want to add dirt and flowers, water will still drain through.
The Nino is guaranteed to be leak-free. Thermal welded fittings and seamless construction both serve to prevent water leakage.
The fixed lid is important to keep children or animals out. The top of the Nino rain barrel has an inset screen on one end. The straining material is common door screen, which keeps the barrel mosquito resistant, yet allows good water flow. While this style is best with falling water, it also works very well with downspouts and rain chains. The large collection area of the top is necessary because falling water “spreads out” as it falls.
The Nino rain barrel is made from food grade plastic resin, with UV additives to protect the plastic from the sun. This does not allow for or mean you can drink the rainwater straight from the bin without filtering. However, food grade plastic resin is recommended for rain barrels, even if water is intended for irrigation purposes, as food grade plastic reduces the amount of chemicals being absorbed into the rainwater.
Like every rain barrel, it’s wise to drain the 55 gallon Nino rain barrel once temperatures dip to freezing levels to prevent potential cracking. You can leave it hooked up, just be sure to keep the bottom drain open.
Features & Benefits
- holds 55 gallons
- Top is removable
- Bottom drain fitting (3/4”) is made from rust-proof bronze, and will fit garden or soaker hoses.
- 1 1/2" internal overflow feeds excess water out the side of the base - dual threaded (threads on inside, and outside)
- Includes all components needed
- Welded fittings - No gaskets. Guaranteed leak free.
- Removable Top with easily replaceable Screen
- Screened end to end inlet
- Vented space on top for use as a planter or planter stand
- Optional removable planting tray
- Stable, rectangular shape with tapered sides
- Animal / Child / Mosquito Resistant
- Full UV protection
- FDA Food-Grade Virgin Polyethylene
- Completely Recyclable
- Dimensions: 24 " W x 24 " L X 24" H
- Weight: 26 lbs
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty
- Made in USA, like all our rain barrels.
Choose from 5 colors, all with slight speckling so the barrel will not show dirt as easily:
- Light Adobe
- Medium Adobe
- Dark Adobe
- Sherwood Green
- Dark Grey
For BULK orders, please email email@example.com
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||Food grade UV stabilized plastic|
|Key Feature||2 in 1: Rain barrel and planter. Made from food grade UV resistant plastic.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Nino Rain Barrel & Planter - 'Plus' Version - 55 Gallon
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!