The K-TOR Pocket Socket is a hand crank generator, driven by bio-mechanical energy. It serves as a portable outlet to provide reliable, self-sustainable power to individuals anywhere and anytime. Constructed from durable materials, it can be expected to last for several years under normal use. K-TOR offers a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty, and has a recycling program that provides very reasonable repair costs or replacement parts should it ever wear out.
Human powered generators can be used in the event of natural disasters, search and rescue missions, blackouts, or any other emergency situation to charge essential electronic devices. It is also great for outdoor enthusiasts!
How does it work?
Turning the hand crank drives a generator inside the device, creating electrical power. This power is converted electronically to 120 volts, the same voltage as a household outlet. Virtually every charger that is less than 10 watts will work. The Pocket Socket is more powerful than the charger, so the charger itself will determine the charge rate. Like plugging it into a wall outlet, you can use your electronic device while it is charging. If your device charges from a USB, you will require a USB outlet converter, cheaply available at most electronics retailers.
To determine if your charger is less than 10 watts, multiply the output voltage of your charger by the output current of your charger to find its power. This is written on the charger. For example, 5V 850 mA (m is thousands, so this is .85) is 4.25 and within the 10 W capability of the Pocket socket.
Made in the USA
- STEP 1: After taking your Pocket Socket from its box, remove the rubber band so that the arm and handle swing freely
- STEP 2: Next, turn the handle of the arm 180 degrees so that it is facing away from the generator body. It should click into place. When brand new, It will be stiff, especially when rotating back into storage position. After some use/wear it will loosen up.
- STEP 3: Plug your charger into the socket on the Pocket Socket
- STEP 4: Replace the rubber band around the Pocket Socket. The rubber band will help you grip the unit. You may also find placing the rubber band around the unit and your hand will help you grip the body of the unit.CAUTION: Ensure you can safely rotate the arm of the unit without striking yourself or anyone else or any other object.
- STEP 5: Firmly grasp the body of the Pocket Socket with one hand and grip the knob on the end of the arm with the other.
- STEP 6: Rotate the arm in a circular motion to generate power. You should crank the arm at a speed of at least two revolutions per second: the faster the better. Initially you will feel some resistance, which will lessen after a few seconds. If you feel the resistance increase again, it means you’ve slowed down and need to speed back up.
The Pocket Socket converts the mechanical energy you apply by cranking the arm into electrical energy. It is completely green, renewable energy as it is user generated.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
Questions about the K-TOR Pocket Socket Hand Crank Generator
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!