The Jora JK400 Composter lets you make perfect compost from your kitchen waste hygienically and quickly, with the minimum of fuss and mess. And, with a capacity of 14.2 cubic feet, it will easily handle the composting of kitchen scraps and general yard and garden clippings for multiple families or a small restaurant.
Features & Benefits
- 'Continuous-use composter'. Dual chamber lets you keep adding new materials in one bin while other matures
- This latest design now has two doors, one for each compartment
- Holds 14.2 cubic feet (106 gallons) of compost
- Fully-enclosed and highly pest resistant
- Reduces or eliminates odors
- Made of extremely durable (and attractive) powder-coated steel
- Operating Capacity: you can add 13-21 gallons of waste per week
- Side vents provide aeration which speeds the composting process
- Easy to spin using the side handles.
The composting process generates heat, and the different micro-organisms start working at different temperatures. The insulation in the JK400 composter allows the temperature to rise higher than 160F (70C), resulting in the quickest and most efficient composting of your organic kitchen waste. At these temperatures the process is so rapid that fresh waste starts to break down before it has a chance to rot and attract vermin and flies. Because of its integral insulation, the JK400 Composter will continue working through winter, long after other composters have stopped completely.
The insulation is made from polyethylene, one of the most stable plastics known. Polyethylene is used for potable water tanks, and it’s also the plastic in grocery bags. There is no contamination from the insulation – it is absolutely non-toxic
Rotation is important because:
- Fresh waste is brought into direct contact with decaying waste, increasing the efficiency of the process,
- Air is allowed into the mixture, providing the oxygen that is vital for the process
- The JK400 composter is constructed for ease and simplicity of rotation - it's simply turned by hand whenever waste is put in.
The JK400 is sited off the ground so there is no possibility of rodents or other pests gaining access to the waste in the machine.
What can be composted?
The JK400 composter will accept all organic waste generated by a regular household:
- Raw and cooked food scraps - vegetable, meat or fish
- Cardboard, e.g. egg trays
- Garden waste (except hard, woody stems and branches)
In fact, anything biodegradable - even some pet waste, e.g. your rabbit or hamster bedding, but we don't recommend dog waste. Of course, if you add too much yard waste you will run out of room for your household compost scraps.
It will take about 6 to 8 weeks for each chamber from starting to fill to production of compost - so once both chambers are in operation you should be emptying one chamber every 3-4 weeks or so.
Exterior: powder-coated steel panels and galvanized steel legs (rust proof). The steel panels will withstand extreme freezing without developing cracks, and will hold up well to prolonged sun exposure without any deterioration of the finish.
Clips and screws are stainless steel, and will never rust.
Insulation: LDPE (will not leach)
The JK400 is divided into two compartments. One is being filled while the compost in the other matures. Once the compartment being filled can take no more, the mature compost is emptied from the other compartment, and the cycle begins again. You can use the composter continuously, with no waiting between batches.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||14.2 cubic feet (106 gallons)|
|Dimensions||Drum width is 46", diameter is 31.5" Stand width (at base) is 55", depth is 31.5" Overall height with stand is 52"|
|Key Feature||High capacity twin compartments with insulation for cool climate composting|
|Assembly TIme||60 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email email@example.com for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Jora JK400 Composter - 14.2 cubic feet
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!