The Jora JK400 Composter lets you make perfect compost from your household waste quickly, easily and hygienically. It is a 'continuous-use' dual chamber composter, so you can add new material to one compartment while the other matures. With a capacity of 14.2 cubic feet, it will easily handle daily composting of food scraps as well as any lawn and garden clippings. Ideal for shared use between multiple families or even a small restaurant.
Features & Benefits:
- 'Continuous-use' dual chamber composter
- Attractive design and high quality powder-coated steel construction
- Holds 14.2 cubic feet or 106 gallons of compost
- Operating Capacity: you can add 13-21 gallons of waste per week
- Freestanding setup and easy to spin side handles
- Side vents provide aeration which speeds the composting process
- Reduces or eliminates odors
- Fully-enclosed and highly pest resistant
- Rodent proof - elevated so rodents cannot access waste
- Exterior: powder-coated steel panels and galvanized steel legs (rust proof)
- Insulation: Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) a stable and absolutely non-toxic plastic
- Includes stainless steel hardware
- Constructed for easy rotation - simply turn by hand after adding waste
- Fresh waste is brought into direct contact with decaying waste, so it processes efficiently
- Adds air to the mixture, providing oxygen that is vital for the process
The composting process generates heat and different microorganisms work at different temperatures. The insulation in the JK400 composter allows the temperature to rise higher than 160F (70C) resulting in faster and more efficient processing of your organic waste. At these temperatures the process is so rapid that fresh waste starts to break down before it has a chance to rot and attract vermin and flies. With its superior insulation, the JK400 Composter will continue working through winter, long after other composters have stopped completely.
The JK400 is divided into two large compartments, so one side can be filled while the other side's compost matures. Once the compartment being filled can take no more, the mature compost can be emptied from the other compartment, and the cycle begins again. You can use the composter continuously, with no waiting between batches.
What can be composted?
- Raw and cooked food scraps - vegetable, meat or fish
- Cardboard containers (e.g. egg trays)
- Lawn and garden waste
- Light pet waste (e.g. rabbit or hamster bedding, not dog waste)
The JK400 composter will accept organic household waste or anything biodegradable. After adding waste, it will take about 6 to 8 weeks for each chamber to produce compost. Once both chambers are in operation you should be emptying one chamber every 3 to 4 weeks.
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||14.2 cubic feet (106 gallons)|
|Dimensions||55" L x 32" W x 53" H|
|Key Feature||Highest capacity Jora Composter - good for large households or commercial use|
|Assembly TIme||60 Minutes|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email email@example.com for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Jora JK400 Composter - 14.2 cubic feet
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!