Soap nuts are berries that grow on the Sapindus mukorossi trees in the Himalayas, and naturally contain soap. For a long time soap nuts have been used by indigenous people around the world for cleaning and natural remedies. Soap nuts fall off the trees and dry in the sun without chemical processing. These are the only soap nuts on the market that are both de-seeded and sterilized for consumer protection.
Features & Benefits:
- Large box: 360 loads of soap nuts, 3 reusable wash bags & instructions
- Eco-friendly laundry soap: reusable, biodegradable & plastic-free
- Save money: average cost 9 cents per load
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free formula safe for sensitive skin
- Harvested in Nepal and packaged in the USA
- Certified USDA Organic
Using Soap Nuts:
Soap nuts release saponin, a natural surfactant, when they are added to water. They are an excellent laundry detergent because they reduce the surface tension of water and release dirt, grime and other impurities from fabrics.
Some people find soap nuts dissolve best in warm or hot water. If you're washing with cold water, please try this extra step. Soak the nuts in a bowl of hot tap water for 10 minutes prior to starting laundry, and then pour the entire solution into the washing machine. Keep soap nuts in washer bags. We include three reusable wash bags so you can do multiple loads at once.
Note: If you are using a front loading or HE washing machine, we recommend using our Soap Nuts Liquid Detergent, a liquid formula specially formulated for high efficiency machines.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||8" L x 4" W x 4" D|
|Key Feature||Natural laundry soap from berries harvested in Nepal. Lasts 360 loads.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Himalayan Soap Nuts
- From Idania at 1/24/14 11:43 AM
- I use a laundry room: so, when using these, do you place them in the machine individually or do they go in a bag or container? How many nuts do you use at once?
- Himalayan Soap Nuts should be used with a warm wash.
1. Add 2 to 6 SoapNuts (or equivalent in pieces) into the small reusable drawstring bag (included in the pack).
2. Toss the wash bag into your washing machine with your laundry (hang up to dry after use).
3. Re-use SoapNuts up to FOUR times, then compost the SoapNuts in your green waste once spent.
How many Soap Nuts to use:
Full load - minimal soiling 4 Nuts
- normal soiling 6 Nuts
Small load/Hand wash - minimal soiling 2 Nuts
- normal soiling 3 to 4 Nuts
Complete instructions are included in the package.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!