If your water comes from a well, it's a good idea to have one of these well water test kits on hand and test your water at least twice per year. The inexpensive WaterSafe Well Water Test kit allows you, in a few simple steps, to determine if your water contains harmful or undesirable levels of bacteria, lead, copper, iron, pesticide, chlorine, nitrate, nitrite, pH and hardness. It is important to remember that your water may contain low levels of some substances, but it is only considered harmful above levels set by the EPA.
- One bacteria test vial
- One lead/pesticide test strip
- One nitrate/nitrite test strip
- One pH/hardness/chlorine test strip
- One copper test strip
- One iron test strip
- Color comparison charts for bacterial test vials and test strips
- Complete instructions for testing
The kit includes complete instructions on how to perform the testing, and how to assess whether your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels of 10 contaminants.
Each of the 6 tests within the kit take different amounts of time to complete. For instance, bacterial levels in the water are assessed 48 hours after initial testing, lead after 10 minutes, nitrate/nitrite after 1 minute and pH/hardness/chlorine after 15 seconds.
Why test your well water?
- Strains of E. coli bacteria can cause serious illness or even death
- Copper can cause liver and kidney damage in infants
- Lead can cause developmental harm and neurological and kidney damage
- Nitrates from fertilizers and animal waste can cause developmental problems
- Pesticides from agricultural uses have been linked to increased cancer rates
- Chlorine can increase cancer risk
- Iron causes staining of laundry, dishes, bathtubs and sinks. It can clog pipes and gives off an offensive odor
- Abnormal pH levels can cause heavy metal leaching and plumbing damage
- Water hardness causes lime scale and requires higher detergent use
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||Test your well water for 10 common contaminants|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the WaterSafe Well Water Test Kit
- From Bernard Burgess at 10/5/12 5:25 AM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!