Cooking with a solar oven is easy, fun, nutritious, energy saving and cost effective. The All American Sun Oven is ideal for everyday use, at picnics, while camping, or in the event of a power failure. Be prepared for an emergency with the Sun Oven on hand. As long as there is sunshine, you will have all the power you need to cook your meals.
Features & Benefits:
- Sun Oven with attached collapsible reflectors, built in thermometer, leveling leg, spill-proof leveling rack, sun track indicators, Sun Oven e-Cookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD
- Accessory kit includes: Three Multi-level Dehydrating & Baking Racks with 1 roll Parchment Paper; Two 3-quart stacking pots w/ interchangeable enamel/glass lids; Water Pasteurizing Indicator (WAPI); Two Bread Loaf Pans.
- Provides high cooking temperatures of 360-400°F
- Bake, boil or steam all your favorite foods
- Large oven interior accommodates most standard baking pans (fits up to a 21 lb. turkey)
- Extra-thick glass lid heats quickly and efficiently
- Sun-track indicators make it easy to align with the sun
- Wind-resistant alignment leg with ground stakes allows you to raise or lower the oven to meet the sun with increased stability
- Leveling rack fits inside the oven and adjusts freely to prevent spilling
- Easy to use and portable - folds up to the size of a small suitcase
- Made in the USA
How To Use:
You can use the All American Sun Oven to cook anything that cooks in a conventional oven or stove such as bread, vegetables, pizza, poultry, fish, meats, pasta, casseroles, stews, desserts and more. Plus, you can use the Sun Oven as an energy efficient way to rehydrate and cook dehydrated or freeze-dried foods. The Sun Oven also heats water for drinking, cleaning, and for personal hygiene. You can adjust the cooking time to fast or slow, so meals cooks in as little as 20 minutes longer than a conventional oven, or slow cook all day.
The Sun Oven can also be used as a food dehydrator. Just keep the oven door on top of the latches so the moisture can escape and the temperature stays low enough inside.
The Sun Oven e-Cookbook and Emergency Preparedness CD features over 600 recipes, hundreds of pictures, video clips, preparedness tips, and more.
Multi-Level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set
A simple, effective way to use a Sun Oven is to dry and dehydrate with the power of the sun. Set of 3 stackable wire racks allows up to three levels of drying or baking. Includes one roll of parchment paper.
Two Easy Stack Pots
Spill-free cooking of multiple dishes. Set of two enamelware pots can be safely and easily stacked. Includes interchangeable enamel lid and a glass lid for improved visibility and browning. Each 3 quart pot holds 3 lb. poultry or a 3 lb. roast.
Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurization Indicator
A simple reusable thermometer which indicates when water has reached pasteurization temperature and is safe to drink. Can be used in a Sun Oven, over a campfire, with charcoal, propane, or with any type of fuel you use for heating water.
Wilton Non-stick Even Heat Bread Pans
Favorite size for homemade breads and cakes. Constructed of heavy-gauge steel that provides an even-heating performance baking experts prefer for perfectly-browned baked goods. Non-stick coating improves food release and cleaning. Size: 9.25" x 5.25" x 2.75".
All Dehydrating and Preparedness accessories are made in the USA, with the exception of the parchment paper (made in Finland) and the bread pans (made in China).
Sun Ovens International is involved in solar cooking projects in deforested countries on five continents. When you order a Sun Oven you are helping women and children in developing countries around the world.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||19" x 20" x 15"|
|Key Feature||Sun Oven with solar cooking, baking, dehydrating and preparedness supplies|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the All American Sun Oven with Dehydrating & Preparedness Kit
- From elsie at 11/10/13 5:05 PM
- how much sun does this unit need? I live in the northern pacific northwest, rain forest....
- Sun Ovens are used successfully in the Pacific Northwest. Of course you will realize best usage during the summer months when there are more sunlight hours. However even on cold clear days, the oven will work.
Cooking times are about the same in a Sun Oven as in a conventional oven when direct sunlight is available. The E-Z Sun-track indicators make it easy to refocus the oven as the sun direction changes, which you will need to do when cooking especially during the shoulder seasons.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!