You might not think that this thin plastic will help insulate, and you're partly right. In reality, it's the trapped air between the pane and the plastic that is doing the insulating. This air pocket will double the insulating properties of your window.
To install, fix the double-sided tape around the inside of your window frame, press the plastic onto it, and trim the excess with scissors. Now gently heat the plastic using a blow dryer and it'll draw completely tight and smooth, with no wrinkles.
Application can be done by one person, and can take between 5-20 minutes per window. In the spring, you can remove the tape and plastic easily without harming the window frame.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Items per pack||5|
|Key Feature||Helps in energy conservation by insulating your windows.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
Questions about the Window Insulator Kit
- From kathy at 11/6/10 8:39 AM
- my windows are 47 and a half wide by 53 and a half long,31 and a half by 53 long, and 30 and a halfwide by 26 long. Will your product work on them? If so, can you tell me how much to order?
- Hi Kathy,
Our Window Insulator Kit will work for two of your windows, but the sheets are not wide enough to cover your 47" x 53" window.
The sheets are 36" x 60" and there are five to a pack, so just one pack will cover the two windows, and you will have three sheets left over.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
Works good, cheaper than the hardware store
It was simple to install, and it really keeps the room a lot warmer. We put them on all the windows in our living room. Stopped the drafts. Looks fine to me.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes