The inexpensive WaterSafe City Water Test Kit allows you, in a few simple steps, to determine if your water contains harmful or undesirable levels of bacteria, lead, pesticide, chlorine, nitrate, nitrite, pH and hardness. It is important to remember that your water may contain low levels of some substances, but it is only considered harmful above levels set by the EPA.
The WaterSafe City Water kit contains:
- One bacteria test vial
- One lead/pesticide test strip
- One nitrate/nitrite test strip
- One pH/hardness/chlorine test strip
- Color comparison charts for bacterial test vials and test strips
- Complete instructions for testing
The kit includes complete instructions on how to perform the testing as well as how to assess whether your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels of the 8 contaminants.
Each of the 4 tests within the kit take different amounts of time to complete. For instance, bacterial levels in the water are assessed 48 hours after initial testing, lead after 10 minutes, nitrate/nitrite after 1 minute and pH/hardness/chlorine after 15 seconds.
Considerations before you begin:
- The contents of the test kit should be kept out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest anything in the test kit and do not drink water that has been used for testing.
- Store and use the kit at room temperature.
- Do not open any packets or vials in the kit until you are ready to perform the test.
- Do not test hot water or water with any bleach detergents.
- Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
- Be sure to read and follow all instructions carefully.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- Continental US & Canada
- Ships Via:
Questions about the WaterSafe City Water Test Kit
- From Sam at 11/1/11 9:22 PM
- How many strips do you get with test kit .?
- The WaterSafe City Water Test Kit contains two one-step water testing kits: Lead kit can detect dissolved lead at levels below the EPA Action level of 15 parts per billion (ppb); bacteria kit can detect the presence of Coliform Bacteria in your water.
The WaterSafe City Water Test Kit contains:
1) Bacteria Test Vial
1) Lead / Pesticide Test Strip
1) Nitrate / Nitrite Test Strip
1) pH / Hardness / Chlorine Test Strip
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!