The Urban Composter Bokashi Composting Stater Kit comes with everything you need to get composting, including the Urban Composter Bucket, Bokashi Accelerator Spray, and Natural Cleaner.
The Urban Composter is an anaerobic composting system (bokashi). Bokashi composting is a process of using microorganisms to break down food without oxygen. This is a faster and more natural process, that doesn’t release any greenhouse gases. The process can handle all types of scraps (even meat) and is easy, effective and very fast!
Many people are seeking to start recycling more actively, and urban dwellers should not be left out. The Urban Composter is great for those wanting an attractive countertop composter that results in dramatically less waste, and provides great nutrient rich compost for gardens and plants. Even for people with no previous composting experience!
Features & Benefits:
- Large 4 gallon capacity
- Starter kit includes Urban Composter Bokashi Accelerator Spray and Natural Cleaner
- Stylish and air-tight design
- Can be used on a counter, under the sink, on the kitchen floor or outside
- Designed for use with the Urban Composter Bokashi Compost Accelerator Spray (to be purchased separately)
- Anerobic composting process means that food scraps don’t rot or smell while breaking down
- Comes with an internal grate and tap to allow for liquid runoff when fermenting
- Produces compost tea – water rich in nutrients, minerals and beneficial microbes from watering gardens and plants
- Turns kitchen scraps into fertilizer and dramatically reduces waste
How the Urban Composter Works:
1. Cut your scraps into small pieces and place into the Urban Composter. All types of food scraps can be composted including: meat, fish, veggies, fruit, dairy, coffee, plants (no bones or excessive liquids).
2. Spray on the Urban Composter Bokashi Accelerator Spray (to be purchased separately). Spraying the bokashi formula onto the scraps will assist and speed up the break down and fermentation processes. The Urban Composter uses an anerobic composting process which means that the food scraps don’t rot or smell while breaking down.
3. Drain the bucket every few days. As the scraps ferment, liquids are released. This juice, called “compost tea” is saturated in good bacteria and nutrients. It is an excellent fertilizer for plants, or can be flushed down drains as it promotes septic systems.
4. Mix with soil. The scraps will break down in approximately 4 to 8 weeks. Once the bucket is full, and all the liquid drained, the pulp can be added to soil. It can be buried in the garden, mixed into a pot or planter of soil, added to outdoor composting or to worm farms.
5. Clean your Urban Composter Bucket with the Natural Cleaner provided in your kit, and start the process all over again!
SustainabilityReduce waste by composting your kitchen scraps.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Material||100% Recycled food grade plastic|
|Dimensions||11.2 inches diameter, 15.7 inches at back, 13.7 inches at front.|
|Key Feature||Easy to use indoor compost starter kit turns your kitchen scraps into nutrient rich fertilizer.|
|Origin||Made in Australia|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Urban Composter Bokashi Composting Starter Kit
- From Alex at 2/12/15 9:06 AM
- I've been using my composter for several weeks now and my food scraps aren't breaking down inside of my composter. What am I doing wrong?
- The appearance of the contents of the Urban composters will not change much while they are being stored. This is not a problem. It is when the contents are buried and mixed with soil that you will see a rapid action and the contents will quickly turn to compost.
It is important to drain off the liquid every day or 2 and dilute and add to your plants. It is best to bury the contents every 2-3 weeks even if the Urban Composter is not full.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!